Why does Delta-8 come out as a liquid when it is derived from CBD isolates?

I never really thought of this question, I’ve really just accepted it up to this point but delta 8 derived from CBD isolates always comes out in the form of a liquid solution. How does this work exactly and why does a CBD isolate powder after the isomerization process become a liquid distillate??

Dood. Cuz D8 thc doesn’t crystallize. Cbd does and then it’s ground to powder. You are changing the molecular structure of CBD to D8… mostly anyway. Also, D8 is hard as a rock and only liquid when hot. Guess what CBD isolate is like when hot???

7 Likes

Because the derivative of a compound is not the original compound, and as such doesn’t carry the traits of the original compound, but instead of the compound it became. D9-Thc is a liquid at room temperature, and so are its isomers for the same reasons it is.

8 Likes

CBD isolate is also no longer a powder when heated past its metling point. its still the same compound though.

That would stand true of heating any compound past it’s melting point and has nothing to do with why his initial compound is a solid and his end product is a liquid, albeit a very viscous liquid.

My understanding of the concept isn’t great, but I’m thinking it has a lot to do with the presence and placement of OHs on molecules as to whether they’ll precipitate when fairly well isolated.

2 Likes

That’s better understanding than a lot of people have :wink: The formation of an intramolecular ether bridge brings down the polarity of the molecule and that’s what diminishes its melting point.

2 Likes