Why does all the flower in New England smell like hay?

Anyone have a good answer? I’ve yet to find anyone growing anything comparable to the California growers. Various people across the country have given me different reasons. Some say they are behind on genetics, some say the climate, some say it’s lack of experience.

You’re probably getting leftover cheap packs. Up there.

1 Like

Smell is all in the curing and drying method

10 Likes

Have you tried Maine? The market is flooded with cheap work packs. Holla at me if your a med patient and you need a caregiver.

3 Likes

They probably got that booboo OG and Bammer Kush jk bro, curing problems?

1 Like

Your answer is within your question…

@TRIPPIE is that bitter enough?

LOL

4 Likes

This is right.

Aren’t most of the players out there multistate operations? I wouldn’t expect the best flower from those “conglomerate” types.

In Maine, there is cannabis comparable to anything in the best states. If you are running into mediocre weed, it’s probably about where you are buying and price points you are buying. I don’t have a lot of perspective on the other states, but it’s probably about all the things you suggest.

Maine is a funny market. $150-200 can get you a killer medical ounce or a ho-hum ounce. Same with concentrates. One thing that we are seeing is a glut of cannabis. This means that prices are down, but there is also a lot of aged stock out there. It could start off great and not be so great at this point.

3 Likes

Storing flower in plastic bags instead of jars can contribute to the hay smell as it ages.

1 Like

Yes. Maine has had the best options to look for so far. But nothing that has the nose or the smoke regardless of the ticket.

1 Like

Our market is a mess at the moment in Maine. We have a large portion of Medical/Recreational operators trying to juggle their inventory and switch tags etc. Which causes a lot of tom fuckery as Rec is METRC and med is not. Also, alot of out of staters get hit with straight retail packs. Aka. work weed. May be your issue.

3 Likes

You’re in MA right? ME takes the cake for all things cannabis, 100% (especially concentrates). Pricing-wise too.

That being said, I haven’t had any MA med/rec flower that smells like hay for a while now. Surely you must’ve had at least a few decent samples come in, no?