Why do so many companies sell shit parts?

Ok. Ive seen it time and time again and ask myself? How do they even stock this shit?
Im talking about trash parts. Such as cheap as shit valves and fittings. Thats mainly what im talking about.
Its like how are you going to sell a multiple thousand dollar system with $2 valves and .25 cent fittings.
I have had more valves leak from hfs then anywhere. 7 out of 8 fittings were doa on the last batch. Next would be bvv. Ive had issues with EVERY SINGLE FITTING from them. Ive had a bad 1/4 fjic to 3/8 mjic fitting… HOW. How are these people sleeping at night knowing they are often selling shit to people that have zero clue. Until a valve starts pissing out of the handle. Or you leaking out of a jic hose no matter how much you tighten it.
Im just blown away at the fact that its the normal. When it comes to this, companies need to step it up for safety reasons. Obviously i have learned whats good and whats not. But someone new has no clue. They usually go for the cheapest option atleast anticipating the parts to function properly. Which they hardly ever do.

1 Like

Are you willing to pay for it ?

4 Likes

I pay to play. Ask my 50 hamlet valves lol

2 Likes

My point is. The cheapest option needs to work still and not create a boom situation
And not be a safety concern. Because people not in the know (like my old boss) will have their shit rigged up from the store with trash and not learn until its too late.
They sold him a $3500 sovent tank that would have leaked guaranteed because of the blue handle valves.

2 Likes

Your question is why do companies sell shit parts?

I think that answer is pretty simple…they want money and people are cheap. They couldn’t care less about people’s safety.

5 Likes

And thats what blows my mind. And im sure some peoples labs also.
Cant have a repete customer if your dead

2 Likes

Treu thats why people like @killa12345
Are worth every pennie
God knows How much trash got in his hands that he refused to use
Sure he has paid the. Price figuring out
Whats cheap and decent

5 Likes

True that. But how many people have died in this industry due to faulty equipment?
If that starts happening, I would almost guarantee we would see these companies selling faulty equipment fall by the wayside…
But as long as people can get the job (semi) done and do it for half (or less) the price, these companies will never go out of business.

2 Likes

I knew 2 people about 5 years ago (locked up now) that blew up a house because faulty valves.
Skin grafts the whole 9. Not dead but probably not far from it.
The real question is how many people have died and you never heard about it. At this point i can only hope most of us are in c1d1 booths and this is a moot point

1 Like

I know of a guy out here in CO who blew himself up in his house too… Was pouring BHO into a miner and his flask shattered in his hand while pouring… The tane found its way to a pilot light and boom.

People blowing themselves up at home or at non licensed facilities will never force these companies to make better equipment, because the operators are looked at as “criminals.” They won’t blame the equipment, they’ll blame the unlicensed operators, unfortunately.
Now if people in C1D1 licensed labs start getting hurt, this shit will come to light, in my opinion.

4 Likes

100% agree.
Unfortunately that is who would buy these parts. Because if your c1d1 your smart enough/have the capitol to avoid these parts in the first place.

1 Like

Well i do find that one has his own responsability in every thing
Think think again don t like it change it
Master yourself in everything
Balvalves gaskets sightglasses
Ask ask to who ever rip things apart put them back together
I know it s time consuming but by understanding things yourself you can decide if they are good enough for you
Where i really got fu&&! Is with hoses
One once disintergrated while filling
Pffff this was in my dme solvent times but still 60psi gooing haywire

3 Likes

Indeed i agree with that statement.
But let me try an example.
Anybody here ride motorcycles?
So lets say you swap tires and somehow break the valve stems.
Now you go to autozone (or where ever) and they have a list of brands you can use ranging from $5 to $50 (just an example).
You WOULD expect the $5 one to atleast work properly. Because if its leaking on the freeway your going to get hurt. Kinda the same concenpt except the cheapest valve stems really do work just fine. We need a cheap option for newbs that “really do work just fine” without danger risks related to cheap parts. Basically some of the responsibility lies with the seller/manufacturer

1 Like

Yes we should but a big problem is that many that sell these shit valves have no cleu of the dangers we encounter
Deu to faulty equipment
But thats one of the great things of this forum we warn and help one another
:+1:

2 Likes

I bought an explosion proof fan from best value vacs that had a rubbing blade metal fan blade to metal housing.

Explosion proof. They sent me a brand new one, same issue with the new one.

5 Likes

Dude you just gotta take their word for it :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Pffff
What also amazes me is pakages sold by well fairly famous cannabis equipment dealers that are a hoax
Like a spd setup with a water aspirator pump or singelstage

4 Likes

For real?!
Like what?

You probly know this but a lot of those leaky valves can be fixed instantly just by tightening the packing.

4 Likes

I love the SPDs with the harbor freight 3.5 cfm single stage :rofl:

3 Likes