Why are the classifieds full of used ethanol labs for sale?

I honestly think that if you’re purifying then you might need further post processing so you are going to need chemicals. Then you need to get the chemicals out so heating and purging… This is literally all the industry has right now besides heat and pressure alongside water. If you don’t like it honestly don’t take part.

Thats fine, Im looking more at big picture stuff like we should probably start thinking about a strategy where we can all live happily and enjoy our pleasures while also leaving these, at best, questionably obtained hydrocarbons where they belong: inside the earth.

I’m also saying all this while still having a healthy appreciation of the joy of smoking all the amazing range of smokable cannabis derived goodies.

2 Likes

If you grill every summer using coal you’re polluting the planet more than propane… Js

2 Likes

I was just wondering how someone that consumes Cannabis concentrates could claim that solvents will be obsolete. It gave me the impression that you don’t dab. Even water is a solvent :upside_down_face:

16 Likes

hydrocarbons for the win. always and forever.

4 Likes

BhNo !

1 Like

Hydrocarbon is king

3 Likes

So did your attempt work???

Plz more info on this.

This is ultrasound/water extraction facility empty and up for grabs for years now I have worked extensively with owners and may be investors to do yust this extract cannabinoids
Can it be done yes
Is it worth it no
I have had meetings with the best of the world about these techniques
Enzyme and micro organism included
It s by no means near hydrocarbons
And you know why it probably
Will never work for now ??
The hilarious amounts of money those that have workable patents on these techs want up front
No investor in his healthy mind would ever ever pay. That money up front for a teck that is half as good and fast as hydrocarbons or other solvent
The amounts of unused patent s is staggering and a hoax are most

Hmm I wonder if kratom fits the tube :thinking::smiley:

7 Likes

If butane ain’t GRASS, I’d be suprised. It’s in inhalers and cheeze-wiz as a pressurization agent.

3 Likes

cheeze-wiz open blasting. thats next level shit right there.

11 Likes

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=184.1165

butane and isobutane are GRAS as either propellants or in levels not to exceed cGMP standard (usually the parts per million stated by the ICH).

I hold no stake in this really, I’m just trying to avoid the spread of misinformation.

7 Likes

water extraction will never be the leading tech. in the next decade with large improvements in tech? maybe. now or the forseeable future? not at all.

Asian market blowing up with production of CBD? meh unlikely because of the distrust of asian market claims of quality, and the already existing distrust of CBD combined eqauls no ones gonna be buying asian made CBD. for example chinas had kilos of isolate for like 30-50% cheaper then going domestic rates, does anyone even bother buying any? nope.

2 Likes

Hydrocarbons and consumption is a benefit to society. Hydrocarbons and thier bulk containment are actually a byproduct of other industries.

Hydrocarbons or on this case butane or propane in question is a organic molecule and absolute considered a organic solvent extraction. In many cases the effectivity and result from hydrocarbon Trump’s by far anything alcohol can do. Soon there will be machines that handle that.

5 Likes

The last several large lab fires from Washington to socal have been cashed 98% by alcohol spinners from China to alcohol handling pumps. There was a large Washington lab just a couple months ago that went up same reasons.

The issue is safety, and people going back to butane from alcohol for efficiency and end product quality reasons.

The alcohol mass scale cheap hear on market has been responsible for now most of the fires and sales on hardware. I was in contact and interviewed during a training on prevention and safety in Washington by thier local OSHA regulatory committee.

4 Likes

I’m sorry about that. I honestly was taking a stab in the dark with they aren’t. I guessed they aren’t because not many hydrocarbon extraction. Sites list thier cls’s as gras. Not a lot of butane cans or propane tanks state gras in them. … But upon further googling CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21

https://www.google.com/search?q=fda+articles+the+saftey+of+butane+as+a+propellant&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

SORRY FOR THE MISINFORMATION DIDN’T MEAN TO DO THAT LOL

6 Likes

I get that everyone likes hydrocarbons. If you really want to argue that use of hydrocarbons is a good thing for society, Im just not willing to go down that rabbit hole.

Ryan Lewis from Global Cannabinoids could definitely be off. Im not saying this guy is a guru or something, just an interesting snippet from my linkedin feed. Still, considering his company is doing relatively big business internationally, they are producing many products using distillation themselves, and that they have built a company around responding to the requests of their clients…perhaps some of what he predicted is worth considering.

Maybe it seems too futuristic to consider now, and Im not familiar with the various forms of water based extraction tech existing out there…however, i do know that there is a great deep intelligence to nature and the transmutation and concentration of element, and that any compound produced by crude methods using hydrocarbons or ethanol can be produced biologically. Water based extraction (and Im not talking about bubble hash/IWE!) is not mutually exclusive from producing various incredible dabbable products.

GRAS is something, but I was more referring to on a basic level, the toxicity and inedibility of any of these solvents, including ethanol, is very high compared to water. Yes I know you can die drinking water before anyone throws that out there.

There are many people all over the world involved in botanical extractions of all sorts. Distillation has its value, and still it’s wise to consider the possibility that, there may just be a better way, and you may not have to sacrifice any quality or enjoyment for it.

2 Likes

I agree
I wish for greener safer methods
But right Now it is what it is and not changing any time soon
And Now that the prices are dropping a lot if the incentive will be lost
The novel approaches in cannabinoids where worth a shot to try for the rewards would have been good
But thats all changing fast

1 Like

I recently had a chance to review a popular Ethanol/Butane/Propane systems engieering peer review documentation, which included the manufactures SOP work instructions. My first take away was that there is a lot of things for the operator to remeber. So many ball valves and sequences to get it right. All of this happening behind metal that obstructs the view. From a human factors standpoint eroors seem inevitable.

1 Like

Yeahhhhhh that’s not entirely true. I’m sure there are people here who would lose a part of thier happiness not extracting with hydrocarbons in a lab setting ever again.

2 Likes