Why are my balls clear?

I’m sorry that I wasn’t aware a actual word. It’s been explained to me in that way as I stated. I figured it was meant as in the sense of doing or performing the azeotrope distillation.

@Dred_pirate i never said you can separate them I said by removing the azulene through the word that’s not real so I won’t use it, but azeotrope distillation.

We literally agreed about the samething in this thread yet you want to act like this for what? Grow the fuck up. You could have simply explained it wasn’t a real term in a polite way instead of acting the way you are right now.

Ah sounds like you are referring to removal of a substance from a mixture by boiling off an azeotrope it forms — fair enough

2 Likes

I’m not as retarded as I sound sometimes :man_shrugging:t3: I’ll admit I do use wrong terms on occasion & when corrected properly of these ones like this I take it humbly.

But I know facts are moisture present means you have a water soluble compound. & if not removed it will form these isomers & they will be present in that flask. If it is true single flask run that is.

Those streaks/cloudiness can be very well from excess water, I’m hoping them atleast winterize to an extent of filtering out the fats lipids & waxes, otherwise there would be a bit more odd formations I’d think, but then again I’ve never distilled fats or waxes in my spd runs

a water soluble compound like water?

This discussion is not about isomers! Not even a little!

This is why you get crap

2 Likes

That’s the point; we have no idea what you’re trying to say…

One does not simply “azeotrope water off”.

4 Likes

Okay water is bad context moisture is more proper how about that?

No this does include media’s in the flask from this quote, but in context moisture & water soluble compounds are the same.

This is what I’m explaining.

Me & dred both said there is moisture in there. It’s noticeable easy.

We don’t know if they winterize or run carbon scrub or even filter for that matter to an extent. So there could likely be a number of variables.

The one thing that is fact though is if it’s a single flask no swap out run & there is moisture in the product you will still have a azulene fraction. & if not removed & this is a single flask run would one not think that it is in there?

When you remove the moisture from a solvent you azeotrope it to remove moisture, does the context not apply the same to an oil or have multiple members here & “chemists” explained this wrong here.

noun

Got it already dred give it a rest. I won’t use the word that was explained to me by our peers.

No you don’t.

You’ve been given a definition of azeotrope.

Try substituting it in to that sentence.

Does is hold together?

3 Likes

Then stop using it dude. Hahhahahahahahaha

And agreeing that there is noticeable moisture in his short path, does not mean that you are saying something correctly

2 Likes

@roiplek have you been ‘splaining wrong again?!?

2 Likes

Well this seems to be well on point… @cyclopath

1 Like

The two compounds formed an azetrope, seperating from the water. As the result of the azetrope, doesn’t accept water.

Does that help?

@squig would not claim chemist. And may well be quoting someone else’s words there.

Tag in your favorite chemists and let’s all learn something… @Photon_noir has been willing to explain azeotropes in the past…maybe he will again

1 Like

I’m not sure who the deleted profile is I think that’s either wc15 or columbo but both deleted profiles have said it in two seperate threads in detail as well. (You can tell difference in their writings & postings)

I know squig does not claim that. But he is one the most highly respected minds in this forum as well. Him & I used to talk almost everyday.

Azeotropes on Purpose

You might think the formation of azeotropes to be an unalloyed nuisance, but they can be useful. Toluene and water form a minimum-boiling azeotrope (20.2%water; 85°C). If you needed very dry toluene for some reason, all you need to do is distill some of it. The water-toluene azeotrope comes off first, and, well, there goes all the water. It gets removed by azeotropic distillation. The technique can also be used in certain reactions, including the preparation of amides from very high boiling acids and amines (they can even be solids.). You dissolve the reagents in toluene, set up a reflux condenser fitted with a Dean—Stark trap, (Fig. 145) and let the mixture reflux. As the amide forms, water is released and the water is constantly removed by azeotropic distillation with the toluene. The azeotrope cools, condenses, and collects in the Dean – Stark trap. At room temperature, the azeotrope is said to “break,” and the water forms a layer at the bottom of the trap. Measure the amount of water and you have an idea of the extent of the reaction.

http://what-when-how.com/organic-chemistry-laboratory-survival-manual/theory-of-distillation-part-3-laboratory-manual/

Formed azeotrope between toluene and water. Boiled the azeotrope off. Water gone.

== “azeotroped”?!?

Meh.

5 Likes

Lol do I get a break now cause it’s literally in your quote?

If the op hasn’t ran a azeotrope during the distillation then he will definitely have it in there. & while doing a azeotrope of oil we trim you typically see azulene, so therefore it would be present by association of moisture/water.

So now they “run” an azeotrope?

Please stop. You may have the right stick this time. You’re not using it correctly. Continuing to wave it about isn’t helping

12 Likes

One quick more nit-picky thing before we go back to the topic at hand

Why do you think that the formation of azulene relates to moisture content? Genuinely curious because I have not heard of this before. In fact the only time azulene + water have been mentioned in the same context in this thread have been posts made by @Cheebachiefextracts
Please do tell (legit being serious)

2 Likes

It’s been quoted by many members like I said.