Why Are Concentrates and Cannabis So Much!!!

Currently the taxes are super screwy for legal weed businesses as well . Almost nothing is a write off , except cost of goods sold . So if you only operate a dispensary your getting almost no write offs what so ever .

Every single state has a different market. The price greatly depends on how long that market has been in place , how many people a licensee is competing against , and how the municipalities tax it .

Another big consideration is testing costs and transport fees. Yearly license renewal fees as well as local municipal licensing fees.

After all of that you can finally start to add on normal operating costs that any business would have.

Oregon has very cheap prices due to the amount of legal weed there . Oklahoma I bet will be in this same boat soon.

The cannabis license holding business should not be:

Paying employees
Owning land
Doing maintenance
Owning equipment
Purchasing consumables

You should own an agricultural service biz if you own a cannabiz. Bro I cant make this spoon any easier just open up, here comes the airplane

11 Likes

With retail, you can pay a retail labor service. Also super simple. The customer service you purchase is a product being sold to your customers in every transaction. Your consumables/decorations can also be owned by this service. The service does not need to be licensed, the employees however do.

Thats why I do not understand why there are no cannabis unions in colorado. Yall dusty workers could bring that industry to their knees in 2 weeks max.

2 Likes

We have grams ranging from $8-$80 for concentrates. Flower is $40-$250 /oz

Try Colorado Cannabis Exchange…Can be out the door for 112 and they’ll hang with any hundred dollar ounce in the country. You are correct Pueblo is not trust fund kids, born and raised there. Town is broke as fuck.

1 Like

Overhead and taxes. I believe in MA the rec tax is like 23% or some crazy BS like that

Yes we do that . We have a full time accountant and tax attorney that handles all of this . That post was not suppose to be a reply to you , it was simply breaking down some of the costs for the OP.

Don’t need the spoon if that was directed at me …

3 Likes

Tourists. People on vacation spend money differently. They also tip.

In Oregon at least the prices are cheaper than I ever got on the black market. I bought a $50 ounce of mid quality recently and on 4/20 I think they were selling it for just $20. Even top shelf never would go above $150/oz.

My wife works at an rv park, and customers constantly give her what they couldn’t consume before they leave the state, and most of it is garbage, California rec market sucks. For me it’s not about being expensive, it’s about not consuming garbage that was deemed safe.

She was given an 1/8 yesterday, still sealed in the glass jar that was literally a giant bud I would have to have a conversation with whatever trimmer tried turning that in, super dry, no flavor or nose. My overall impression was that the jar and label cost more than the flower.

I also noticed that the employees at rec stores are not well informed on the products and can rarely answer my questions, or even know what I’m talking about.

To be fair I also live in the middle of nowhere, in a county that has 3 medical storefronts and no rec locations, so I only stop when I’m on the road and need a pick me up.

I wish it was that easy my bro. Not only does the registered land owner need to be the name on the LIC but you to be a resident 2+ yrs before they will even take your application. It’s not as easy in Cali as it is in Colorado and this reflects in our demographic. 40m+ people in California compared to Colorados 5.6m isn’t even worth looking at. It does you no good to have the largest “group” grow in the US with that market. Every one knows that the flower in CO blows.

6 Likes

That’s really wack. Does all the equipment used have to be owned by the LIC holder as well?

That spray on crap is killing people around here. It’s so cheap. They run to it. So many end up in the hospital. At the hospital, they already know they been smoking that pot. They test positive for spice from the feedback I get.

2 Likes

No, but let’s say for the acre LIC we will have next year. We are not allowed to use anything “mechanical” or any “structure” . So no light dep Greenhouses. It’s strictly outdoor.

1 Like

It just keeps getting wacker.

What defines a structure? Can a row of support posts be defined as a structure?

What about a wheeled frame? Can it be defined as a structure if it moves?

1 Like

The overhead that a legal business operation requires, along with TAXES is why this shit is all so expensive when legally produced. The shear amount of taxation alone is enough to nearly double the cost of all the extracts you see on the market.

https://www.beardbrospharms.com/news/2019/4/3/taxed-to-death-follow-one-gram-of-weed-along-californias-twisted-path-from-seed-to-sale

1 Like

Can’t get slick with the state when you have a couple of M’s on the line. Trinity county even has a side LIC for dep season. The local guy even calls you and says when you can plant and when you have to shut it down.

2 Likes

It sounds like legal guns aren’t the only people with arbitrary laws. Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and now cannabis.

3 Likes

Stealing that last sentence for a rap line… “Don’t even get me started, it’s retarded!”