Why am i picking up acetone in my bho extract? please help 😭

@greggoose710 @Dred_pirate @J12

1 Like

butane supplier Butane Pure | Home | Afrox eShop - South Africa

@cyclopath Think the butane supply could be tainted?

its supposedly ntane

Acetone is naturally produced in the cannabis and hemp plant believe it or not. It is common to find traces of this solvent in your end product extracts because of this reason.

10 Likes

Degraded terps…

This stuff cleaner than anything in SA have had much experience with it

Are you using store bought cheap Iso from Walgreens or such.

1 Like

I get the ipa from a 3d printing store

would purging at lower temps help?

That’s prob your issue. You’re using garbage cleaning solvent.

1 Like

How much is showing up in your COA/Testing?

how much acetone is being reported? what laboratory performed the analysis?

post the CoA and ask the laboratory what their residual solvent method parameters are.

the most likely answer is the laboratory is running a poorly validated residual solvent method. extracts with high levels of terps when subjected to residual solvent methods that heat the vials too hot for too long give false positives for acetone. other variables that lead to higher acetone false positives are using nondeactivated vials, not purging the head space with inert gas, using FET instead of a liquid matrix, and extracts with high levels of myrcene and beta-caryophyllene.

2 Likes

This happened to me when I started CRC, I had a years worth of test with it never popping up because acetone isnt in the lab then after starting crc I started getting between 50-100ppm everyones conclusion was that it was from the plant but it was weird that it only started after using media, which were all Carbon chemistry and they said they don’t use acetone in the process. Let me know if you come up with something different.

1 Like

im only running paper and glass filters

yeah your numbers are pretty high to becoming from the glass filters, are they consistently that high?

it varies from 300-500. im thinking wash my system with ethanol?

Just stop believing NAFS. Their tests are dodgy at best just no other real option in SA. Had similar problem with some SCFE CO2 crude we ran that went to them for testing and on querying their results and requesting actual chromatograms they weren’t willing to hand them over and would only discuss it via a conference call… sent shake and the flower it was made from for testing and the flower comes back higher than the shake… they just stupid :rofl: and that’s only two stories…

There’s no acetone in the Butane Pure from Afrox. And if you distilling you’re n-tane properly then you shouldn’t be worrying…

1 Like