Who makes the best pre roll machine?

Looking at several options and pamphlets from Vegas… but It is hard to decide without first hand use. Any reviews or comments would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Hash

3 Likes

-What’s your price point?
-How much output are you looking for?
-What kind of material are you working with? Infused?

I was impressed with the hefestus

Saw about 5-6 at MJbiz this year.

One was pretty cool but on a “pay per joint” model that got expensive real quick at any kind of scale but they dropped it off for free.

Support will be my biggest determining factor when planning to buy one of these. Down time is the enemy on the low margins of floor trim pre rolls.

Infusion equipment was all the rage this year

1 Like

Hey sir,do you wanna preroll filling machine?

1 Like

In other threads I’ve seen people say the preroll-er machine. I think that machine has an infuser built into it if that’s something you’re needing. I’m interested as well in pre roll machines as well

I don’t think Best has a price point. With that being said also interested in value options. Ive seen/ used a variety of knock box and rocket box s

Agreed… but stick a longer needle on my cart filler and presto

Ya I wanna

That was definitely the most impressive one I saw in vegas. Not sure if cones are the way or not. There’s a pretty sweet roller with a pretty trash price point

We use a PreRoll ER 100 without the infusion station. It works swimmingly as long as you have someone competent who can adjust settings. Warranty and support has been pretty good too. If we have a problem a new part shows up within 72 hours.

2 Likes

very interested in this one as well, what was price and throughput?

what type of settings need adjusted?

1 Like

It’s basic mechanical adjustments: Lower this compaction rod a bit if it’s off, raise the stage to the numbers it asks for, etc.

We can do upwards of 12-15 joints per minute depending on the material.

Ballpark (I didn’t purchase) it was around 150k.

2 Likes

what are your your solutions for placing the preroll in a tube and then labeling the tube?

We package by hand in mylar bags, but I believe they do have automated packaging solutions as well.

1 Like

However, I would like to note that it requires a low-humidity and temperature environment in order to work at maximum efficiency. Even just putting it in a large enough tent with portable A/C and dehu can help manage the climate enough to hit those numbers, along with properly dried material.

1 Like

saw a machine adding humidity at mjbiz for the actual pre rolls so they wouldnt split while being formed and filled

1 Like

Last time I had a preroll-er quoted with all the bells and whistles it was about $450k CAD, though that was at least a couple of years ago.

Yes, it’s a lot of money. But everyone I’ve talked to with one has said the machine and support are excellent. From what I could tell by spending most of a day picking one apart and speaking with the head engineers and president of the company, they seem like a very reasonable value for the money.

I know someone who picked up a decent looking chinese preroll machine most of a year ago for about 20% of that and as far as I know it’s never managed to do 30 joints in a row without fucking one up, and so doesn’t get utilized nearly as much as it should or could.

If one could move the volume, I’m reasonably confident the preroll-er would have more than covered the difference in price between them by now.

3 Likes

The build quality is superb and the training and technical support have been great.

1 Like

I talked to those guys yesterday, Its been interesting how some of the machines work well with more humidity and some of them work well with less humidity.

2 Likes

Accelerant is the company that does the “pay per pre roll” model.

It can get pricey but I love the idea because -

1. They deliver, install, and commission the machine. They don’t leave until they have trained your team to run it as designed. This includes intentional situational training in which they will cause the machine to throw errors so your guys know how to handle them.

2. They handle all maintenance (remotely or in person). they are motivated to keep the machine running because how else will they get paid if it isn’t making pre-rolls?

3. No out of pocket cost to start. You aren’t paying these guys anything until you have a month’s worth of production coming out of the machine. It’s $0.11-$0.13 per pre roll. 100,000 pre-rolls a month minimum. So if you aren’t producing enough pre rolls monthly, then this machine probably isn’t for you.

It’s different and would end up costing you more money in the long run if you use it for 3+ years @ $13,000/month (compared to the $450k price tag mentioned above), but not having to pay the huge lump sum up front is very appealing to a lot of operators.

1 Like