Who else was scammed by arometrix and their fraction finder?

Maybe true.

I think I’ve covered a lot of what’s wrong in the white paper in different comments on this forum. I could probably summarize it into one post. I’ll try to do it tonight

When you move past the mysticism of cannabis+sensors it is really easy to see what’s going on. The hurtle I see is the total damages. Probably Arometrix is only liable for the difference between the 5k their customers pay for d9 detection and the fair price of that hardware in a vacuum, without a promise of d9 detection. That shrinks damages significantly to the point I don’t think a lawyer would take it yet.

2 Likes

Not to mention the hourly rate of the third party expert witnesses you’ll need to assess the device itself and be deposed. You’ll spend 3 years of your life fighting for 5k and end up with 5 dollars each after lawyer fees and other court expenses.

5 Likes

Which is why I’m here trying to find fellow victims. 10 users becomes $50,000 - 20 users $100,000

I wonder how many total units were produced and sold. I’d go out on a limb to say more than 20 :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It would be interesting to know how many have been sold since they started claiming d9 detection. I would guess somewhere around 100-150 are out there that fit that criteria.

So you’re looking at like $500k+ in fraction finders and then some amount of extraction finders.

2 Likes

I’m not getting involved with this nonsense. Never had a problem with mine when I used it. No complaints here. I wouldn’t trust anything Alex says. Hes a pathological liar/confidence man. He’s in here spewing lies he can’t even back up, while in the background burning every bridge he ever stood on. Alex has lied to myself and others left and right. I even called him out for it. As for the guy who posted a complaint, well I hope you go to the source who sold it to you and work it out with them. That’s what I would do first. If you have a problem with a product you bought not working then go get it fixed. I would make calls and demand my unit get repaired if it wasn’t working.

-connor.

1 Like

you can do it with a cellphone and a DVD

6 Likes

I’ve been able to make some peeks on a fraction finder, but that’s about it…

1 Like

I’m betting there are a few PhDs here that would do it gratis just to watch them squeal.

5 Likes

geese noises

2 Likes

Are you one of them?

3 Likes

I could be persuaded

4 Likes

Well you’ve basically fucked yourself in terms of credibility in a case against them then by posting this. Having a vendetta will not look good lol

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you’re playing devils advocate to support a shady company and their habit of taking advantage of consumers.
I appreciate your input but at a certain point you’re coming off as a sympathizer to their tactics.

3 Likes

I don’t think @raghanded really cares what you think lol.

And he’s absolutely right, regardless if you agree or not.

He’s the only one telling you to move on and not waste more money. That’s the best advice imo, most other people here are just encouraging you to spend a lot more in time and money for at best 5k back.

I know personally I’d make whatever business decision was best for my company.

3 Likes

All I can say to this is they went around telling everyone our sensor was a lie and their unit was what people needed to buy and that we were lying to everyone about what ours could do and that their unit could see everything without limit:

We only sold a couple sensors because of smelliot and I know they sold quite a few units. :person_shrugging:

Yes our system is based on the absorbance and transmittance of white light, which is exactly how we observe far away planets and galaxies to determine what they are made of and what kind of atmosphere they have. Just about every atom (except about 18) have a unique absorbance or transmittance spectra.

They are quite different and can be picked out of a mixture. We get quite a large amount of data even with a water clear solvent stream as no two solvents are exactly identical to one another.

Edit: our patent was filed 6 months before theirs was rushed to deployment as well.

Some other edits:

Yeah… After you heard about our unit.

ROFLMAO

I took one apart… It’s a uv wideband led he refuses to accept is in it along with a (diffraction grating and low quality camera in a box).

The sensor is from hammatsu but that’s about it. The source led is the wrong wavelength to ionize cannabinoids in order to get them to emit light. You need UVC not UVA. Much shorter and way more energetic. To top it off the visible light that comes off when you do hit it with the right wavelength is still not visible with this sensor. :person_shrugging:

Are we though? Again it’s how we observe far away planets and galaxies to find out what they’re made of is using white light and colorometry. :person_facepalming:

Kinda sounds a lot like slander no?

So how about it? Seems what this post is all about to begin with no? Gonna hold true to your word or just say every sensor that was created was broken?

The acids might show up with a detection range of 340nm to 850nm.

But neutrals (distilled d9) comes off outside the range of detection around 310nm to 325nm. So how can the sensor possibly be used to detect neutral cannabinoids if they can’t even be seen within its detectable limited range?

Also this requires a stronger source light than the 365 nanometer source light that comes with the product.

It is impossible for a 365 nm light to ionize the molecule because does not provide enough energy to ionize the molecule to create light as it’s wavelength is longer than the emitted light.

Not to mention the low resolution camera the detector uses only has a 288 pixel cmos sensor.

The pigment tracker comes in at 1280 pixel cmos detector, which is much higher resolution and at a fraction of the cost (because it’s not a self-contained unit).

So that means the detector only has 288 points of input to detect a range of 510 different wavelengths.

:rofl::joy::sob::person_shrugging::person_facepalming::skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

I have no monkey in this circus and I have no knowledge as to the validity of either side of this argument but having said that, if any lawyer tells you that best case scenario if you win a court case you win $5,000 fire this idiot immediately.
$5000 is not even the tip of the iceberg.
There is obviously the $5,000 for the device, but there is also resources spent (a raw materials, solvents, lab space, work hours, electricity, insurance etc etc)
Loss of productivity (gains not realized because of expending resources described above, in the wrong direction )
Punitive damages.
While not the same, imagine this example- you have a $2 million facility and a salesman convinces you to buy this new valve which is supposed to be the latest and greatest that his company designs. Let’s say you paid $100 for it. It ends up that the valve has a design flaw and has failed and caused a fire in your facility which burnt down. Does the manufacturer owes you 100 bucks? Or will you sue him for your $2 million facility and all other losses incurred because of it?

Scammers count on people not following through with going after them.

12 Likes

Ok… this has nothing to do with a 5000 dollar device that may or may not work in some situations. Regardless…

Short path distillation is and has been performed for 100+ years without this device. Arguing it cost them even a dollar in productivity will be a hard sell when there are tens of thousands of labs performing SPD without it successfully, and I’m sure thousands of labs are currently distilling cannabinoids specifically successfully without the toy.

And lawyers count on idiots trying to argue cases they know are unwinnable and long-lasting. This is an unwinnable, unprofitable, and stupid case to attempt to bring to court.

1 Like

I just had to see the garbage you typed, checked it out and indeed it was a good choice ignoring your drivel.

You’re staying on mute.

It is meant as an illustration of different liabilities incurred by the manufacturer and as such it has everything to do with it.

When you have multiple experts some of them with PHD’s saying it does NOT work then in court you prove it.

And that’s exactly the point! Without the device you CAN successfully distill. Because the manufacturer has made claims, “skilled” operators have redirected and spent “resources” on a system that misled them into manufacturing “subpar” product.
And there is​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I’m sure there are SOME lawyers that are. It’s a silly argument to argue against or for.

“Unwinnable” maybe, that’s for the court to decide.
“Unprofitable” again, maybe, that’s for the court to decide.
“Stupid case to attempt to bring to court” well that depends on different parameters you want to include in the equation. For example, including but not limited to the “quality” of lawyer you use, the district in which you go to court in, the “strength” of your expert witnesses, the goal you are trying to achieve, ect ect.

1 Like