White substance from THCA powder recrystalization

I recently purchased some THCA powder and tried to recrystallize for a larger particle size. The THCA was dissolved into pentane, but a powdery white substance dropped out the solution and collected at the bottom. I filtered out the white substance and tried to dissolve the substance in distilled water and methanol, but it was not soluble in either solvent. The substance smells like coke, slightly like acetic acid with a hint of solvent smell. The white substance also floats in water, but falls in the pentane and methanol. I lost about 10% from this white substance alone and can’t figure out what it is.
The processor is very secretive about their process so its hard to pinpoint what it could be. All they told me is that they use water to process biomass into THCA. The only way I could imagine that working is through an acid base extraction. Possibly during the extraction they could have pulled other compounds from the plant that aren’t soluble in any of the solvents I used above. Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea of what it could be?

1 Like

It’s thca. This chalk happens from crashing too fast and is quite stable , often requiring more energy to redissolve or even melt when compared to other extracts

9 Likes

Maybe you had more thca than the amount of pentane could allow

3 Likes

Don’t y’all heat the pentane a lil and stir?

2 Likes

The other obvious answer is they put something other than THCa in there. Nobody ever wants to talk about the fact that people cut isolates tho.

yo how do you know what cocaine smells like…

GOTCHA!!!

1 Like

do you have a job?

2 Likes

Yes, lol. How are you doing @Rowan

3 Likes

Just the word cocaine and smell I wanna puke yuck I hate the smell and yeah who wasnt 20 something and stupid at one time

Wutt? Lol

4 Likes

Didn’t you know thca cut with fentanyl = indica
Cut with coke = sativa
For real you could test it with a cheap 9 panel drug test and see if it’s something illicit. I will need to dig and see if I can find the solvent used.

Just the smell of it makes me gagg nowadays

1 Like

It’s probably crc media

3 Likes

Just the smell of it makes me want to do it all!!

2 Likes

yeah I use to be right there too …then one day bam…was sometime after blowfest 2005-2007. 2 1/4 spoons and the 5 of us was up all night drinking and toot tooting…but then one day I dreamed I ate a candy bar made of cocaine,I could taste it melting in my mouth and making my mouth numb and throat as it costed my throat, it was crazy I could taste it and all! That’s got me now, I gagg everytime

1 Like

I don’t believe you…because you said

You say the thca was dissolved and then something “dropped out of the solution” i.e. precipitated, which I don’t buy

It sounds like it wasn’t fully dissolved. More stirring, a bit more pentane, a bit more heat, are the first things to try

5 Likes