White and Powdery Full Melt: What's the Tek?

Beautiful

2 Likes

I truthfully wouldn’t know, I can’t buy 99.9% pure trichome heads to press from my understanding nobody can make them in purity on a large enough scale to justify selling it, so I either learn to make it myself or hold my peace with what I got.

I sure as heck can’t currently extract enough of them myself in purity to press out and if you did, why would you? It’s already the perfect hash…

What you’re asking is if altering rupturing/melting all the heads would change it?

Probably… to what though… I don’t know, I’d guess changes for the worse as the whole point of pressing is to further remove plant contamination and there should already be virtually none in 6*.

Ultimately you got me, I don’t know what happens to pure heads when you press them, all I can do is speculate.

If i ever develop the tek for isolating high concentrations of heads and purifying them, I’ll make a post to let you know how it presses out.

• to be clear 6* hash on the scale is considered to be pure heads, not pure trichomes, trichome stalks are considered contamination.

Trichomes are very much balloons full of goodies…but the balloon and the string are both non-target imo

4 Likes

You only want what’s in the balloon, the balloon is the target.

I also get that some cannabinoids and other goodies are produced in stalks, but blek, not much, it’s all in the balloon.

So maybe you’re onto something… pop the balloons and the goodies come out.

Guess the challenge is rounding up all the balloons, cutting their strings off and making sure there aren’t other uninvited guests…

3 Likes

This is literally what he just said…

5 Likes

1k word substitute…balloons and string…goodies gone.

Not squished. But clearly non-target.

4 Likes

Temperature must have something to do with the pliability of the husk

1 Like

looks familiar

2 Likes

I see more strings than balloons, rupturing occurs easily and is what I’m saying 6* hash prevents, target intact balloons, I have no idea how what you sent correlates to the conversation?

Not sure what you want me to learn at this point…

you seemed to have it here…

…and one can probably argue either way on

but the real key is about

in addition to those higher molecular wt waxes which you really don’t want to be huffing, one has presumably lost at least some of the more volatile of the solvents in which the cannabinoids were dissolved.

how to make great hash?!?

2 Likes

Check out John Berfelo’s (Johnny B’s) personal batch methods on YouTube. After dry screening he uses static electricity from parchment wrapped around a plastic CD case to pick up just the “fresh headies” and then brushes them off into a separate pile. His stuff is full-melt with no residue. There may be a way to scale up the static method using other equipment. I hope that helps give you a start.
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Trichome shaped trichome collector?

5 Likes

Maybe someone can enlighten me on a theory I have.

Post extracted biomass from bho seems to have a different “electrical charge” for lack of a better term. It’s easy to knock off the empty trichomes with a kief tumbler. No ice or cold temps required. Is this a static phenomenon?

Sorry if it’s off topic lol

Don’t know if this will help but I made ice water hash out of 8 ounces of spent biomass that was stripped with butane.

It yielded a lot of trichs, but it would not ‘hash up’ or bond to itself in any way, once dried it stayed powdery, non-sticky and did not have a rich smell… I even heated the stuff… low temps at first then all the way up to 190°c. It didn’t even burn or melt or do anything notable, just made hot powder.

Maybe what is holding the charge for static extraction to work is the juice inside the trichs?

Seen some claims of people talking about precise and gentle mechanical separation severing heads and then using static to only collect the heads but I can’t see how it would only collect heads as technically it should collect anything it exchanges charge with including undesirables.

I’ve seen a lot of people switch from the DVD case method to just using a gloved hand. It looks like it’s a bit easier.

I’ve heard people speculate that Skunkman Sam’s secret tek works on a similar principle, since we know it requires very little equipment.

3 Likes

always hurts my brain when people misuse the word correlate

1 Like

Hurts my brain when people take me serious lol.

Irregardless theres some correlation

3 Likes

Got your wraps from @Cheebachiefextracts yet?

Bet you’re looking forward to all that resin!

You mean all that after a 45-60 minute burn? Ohhhhh nooooooo

Never once got all the way through

1 Like