Whipping and not buddering up. Help.

This guy has it down. Just recover to a thick soupy consistency then begin to whip it.

4 Likes

Solvent temp isn’t that important? I guess just balance between solvent cooling and CRC media to achieve color and quality? How about propane ratio? I’m really trying to nail this :grimacing:

1 Like

Are there any limitations on starting material? Like does it need to be fresh Frozen? Also concerned there may need to be a purge @BG305 @StoneD

1 Like

I’d freeze my solvent and my material then INJECT

1 Like

No, old material works with CRC. I run a propane heavy mix also. I might have some videos in another phone.

2 Likes

Probably the propane pulling more terps but fresher material will just contain more terps, whether it works with old or not. This was a pure butane run. We’re just getting things up and running here and doing some tests @BG305

1 Like

Can you freeze solvent for open blasting? Like put the whole can in the fridge or freezer before injecting into a closed column extractor

Thanks

I wouldn’t but ppl do

Grab some dry ice to be safest

U should freeze ur material before running for cleaner extract but I only use dry ice for this bc freezer will just make ice crystal around the trichs

Freezing cans of butane can cause them to fail.

I use to take cans of whip it and set them in an alcohol dry ice slurry.

1 Like

I used to keep a chest freezer full of the things… I didn’t die either, but the fact remains it can cause cans to fail, leak, and create an explosion hazard.

You guys do you though. I thought we were trying to keep people safe.

2 Likes

Don’t get all high and mighty on me now… you’re right they can fail. Just stating what I’d previously done. Jesus Christ

2 Likes

So if you get ‘high and mighty’ about particle sizes, which you misquoted me anyway… let’s all like that. I point out you didn’t read what you quoted… no liking that.

I try to keep people actually safe, don’t like that, but you mention you used to do some unsafe shit… let’s like that too.

I guess I’m not popular enough for it to matter which one of us is actually being an ass?

1 Like

Dude I misquoted you about the particle size you’re right. I misread what you wrote. I’m not here intentionally trying to contradict you. Not sure why you need to act like such a prick about it.

1 Like

Ooo interesting ice crystals around the trichs is a bad thing?

I’ve noticed some issues open blasting when material haze been Vacced then frozen, yeild tends to be too low for me to carry on so I just fridge it before hand

I will try the dry ice way, how will I get flower really cold using dry ice?

Also I’ve noticed much lower yields doing ice water has so when fresh frozen material is kept in freezer vac packed for long periods of time. When compared to just keeping in freezer for 48hrs

Maybe it’s this ice crystals around the trichs? Preventing trichs from seperating

This forum cool as hell. Response within the fucking hour!!

Thank u bro!

#champlife

Seal it in vac seal bag but don’t suck the air out drop it in cooler of dry ice .about 2-4hrs depending on the amount

Chill ur butane on dry ice about 20min or if u have IR gun no colder than-35f or it won’t come out bc it won’t have pressure

Fresh frozen never sees a freezer or fridge w me…I buy dry ice the day things come down and is ready to blast

4 Likes

That leche is some nice fucking badder bro good job!

3 Likes

I see understood

Thank u bro

Clutch

I don’t see it mentioned, our 2:1 cbd:thc strains won’t badder butter or whip into anything, its the only time I have ever not been able.
if I add more thc via another strain I get soupy milky looking stuff once I get it below 1:1

1 Like