Whipping 100g batches of rosin

Long time reader, first time poster. I just started making live hash rosin over the last few weeks, and have been trying to figure out best ways to stir 100+ grams in a jar to cold cure.

My buddy recommended this attachment for a drill that I’m going to try, I just worry about any glass chipping off the jar. Guess I’ll just air on the side of caution, and avoid the edges like a game of operation.

3 Likes

Mind yourself with this if you are in a state that has heavy metals testing requirements and are getting things tested. 304 is not as resilient and might have some issues. There are 100% PTFE coated attachments that you could use, and those probably wouldn’t chip your glass either. The link goes to a page that has ones that fit different sized chucks, and fit my drill so probably would fit yours.

You could, possibly, also invest is a timed mixer - so you can do an over head mixing, with time, there are even ones that will monitor temperature and stop stirring if it exceeds XX amount.

Let us know what you decide and share some photos of the effects. <3

3 Likes

use some elbow grease and or a drill if you really need to get it whipping.

Not to sound like a jerk but 100g is VERY far from a large quantity, were mixing upwards of 10kilos of the same strain pretty regularly.

Using accurate thread titles will get you better help around here.

7 Likes

Haha I actually originally posted this as “whipping small quantities of rosin” but thought I might get the wrong answers. I guess whipping shmedium amounts would be more accurate.

1 Like

Thanks, these look perfect!

2 Likes

Welcome to the future @Jeremythefarmer!

5 Likes