Which way is this spun son?!?

Welcome to many folks “the boss bought a Chinese centrifuge, will it kill me?” experience.

Seen it from more than one manufacturer.

Still want to call it fear mongering?!?

4 Likes

I mean, do due diligence.

It’s like when you buy property.

The seller isn’t gonna reveal what’s wrong to you.

Ask questions.

They soon clockwise. I always pump out of them before the dewatering cycle then keep the pump on while in the dewatering cycle.

1 Like

Agreed. Which is why I recommend pulling the basket on any imported fuge that comes in the door.

I believe we now have two reports that despite the drains orientation, the machine in question spins clockwise… neither of the folks using them this way noticed a problem.

Depending on how the rotor is fastened, that may be trivially solvable…assuming it needs solving at all.

I certainly told the “engineer” who offered to implement a tangential drain in that manner to go think about it a little harder and get back to me.

Thanks for playing along.

Hope this helps someone.

Will it work? Yes. Will it work as well as it could? No.

I wish I’d not let myself be talked out of adding a tangential drain to ours. Getting the liquid out as fast as I’d like is not simple with a bottom drain.

1 Like

Adding them as an afterthought through a double jacket is non-trivial, but certainly doable.

Im just waiting on a rebalanced rotor before spinning up the one at the top of the thread.

…harder still if the OEM sets the tangential drain up to fight you for said liquid :shushing_face:

@Cannachem: another one of those due diligence moves is to check for balance weights on the rotor.

Ideally you’ll see two. Which means the rotor has been balanced dynamically.

I discovered two rotors out of four did NOT have balance weights. they do now, but still need tig’ed into place permanently.

1 Like