Which heater/chiller should I get for 40 lb hydrocarbon extraction machine?

Title pretty much sums it up. I had a 40lb hydrocarbon extraction machine custom built in China (ASME) and will be setting it up soon. Ive decided to go with a Corken T91 recovery pump, but I’m still not sure which heater and chiller to go with.

I’m considering a 2hp iced tech chiller. Anyone with experience on those? Do you guys think that will be enough juice? I’ll only be making diamonds and sauce. I’d prefer not to upgrade my lab to 3 phase power if it’s not necessary. What chiller would you recommend?

The chromalux 24kW heater from Xtractor Depot ($12,500) looks pretty good, but it’s 3 phase. Precision offers a Jubablo SL-26 with HST booster pump ($17,500), that I do not believe requires 3 phase. I think I saw Snob Extractors uses a Tae Evo heaters, but haven’t inquired about them yet. Do you guys have any ideas for me? Thanks a lot for your help!

40lb biomass or 40lb solvent?

tae evo make chillers: tae evo - Google Search

you want to match heat in to heat out.

@precisionnick has this to say…

5 Likes

5 hp ice tech

1 Like

@cyclopath Thanks for info! That calculator will come in handy.

40 lb biomass, 130ish lbs of solvent

2 Likes

@norcal420 That’s not what I wanted to hear, but I think you’re right.

in case you haven’t noticed…the search bar is your friend.

http://future4200.com/search?q=chiller+calc

and, as you are now aware, it’s the amount of SOLVENT you’re chilling or evaporating that matters…

3 Likes

Try touchscience they have some nice chillers for way cheaper as long as it will pass your inspections

4 Likes

You can run the 5hp on single phase. 220v @ 50 amp

2 Likes

@greggoose710 Fuck yes, that’s news to me. Thanks dude

We will have a new pumps on the market in a month or two that are capable of doing 20lbs a minute to a ton an hour.

2 Likes

@cuatroveinte420 Holy shit.

When you have access to Pemex’s arsenal it’s very easy to build custom systems. We can build chillers/heaters that are work horses and not that shitty crap. If you are interested send a dm and we can talk about the size of the system you would want.