Which admins have the ability to read DMs

Just curious? Are the new mods able to? @sidco

2 Likes

I hope dm’s are private. Even to admins.

6 Likes

Pretty sure it’s been stated elsewhere that they can? I forget which thread. Maybe I’m nuts.

1 Like

I hope your nuttier than squirrel poop.

5 Likes

Silence equals guilt

FWIW from 2014:

1 Like

Anyone with access to the db has everything (sidco)

3 Likes

I figured that much, just wondering who else? I like transparency and obviously by @Demontrich response not everyone is aware that it isn’t truly a “direct message”.

1 Like

Nothing truly is if you wanted my opinion.

I would assume sidco is the major hosting keyholder and future has the same forum rights

2 Likes

That would be my guess as well but that’s why I ask the question public… if any of the new mods have the ability I’d hope they would be forthcoming. @Killa12345 @Dred_pirate @TheGratefulPhil

2 Likes

I’ve just always operated under the assumption that everything can be viewed by somebody… I don’t do any shady dealings, and I represent the same person here that I am in real life.

15 Likes

I understand and agree with all this but judging by certain people changing names it seems not everyone is aware that their DMs are not private (outside the snowden scope)…

Just want to make sure everyone is aware to keep it close to the vest…

3 Likes

I dont even bother replying or liking any anon screen name. I kinda just ignore them. I may have liked 1 or 2 since the whole anon thread.

1 Like

Take that shit to email, if you have some serious things to discuss
(Edit: Not meaning you directly)

1 Like

The DMs are available via the database, which to me is some mystical box that exists in the ether, but I’m sure Sidco has access to. I couldn’t tell you how to get there or navigate it if I could.

7 Likes

Anyone else besides you two have access? (outside of the snowden sense of obviously yes it can be accessed if someone really wants to)

I do.

And yea it’s too late for ya bud.

7 Likes

lol :laughing:

@Soxhlet ?

2 Likes

I believe only

https://future4200.com/g/admins/members

@sidco will have to confirm.

Seems like they are working on encrypted messaging, which would be dope af

7 Likes

I just shoot them my whatsapp and discuss there.

3 Likes

Who is @cxojinu ?

None of my business but honestly just curious since they are pretty much inactive from the start… wondering if they are using a different username.