Where to get the NB Oiler large tri clamp nuts

So i need replacement nuts for some 6" NB Oiler clamps. They are larger than the regular 5/8 wrench flats size. They are 3/4.

I have the info im just stumped where to find the same material, size etc.

Silicon Bronze Hex Nut, M12 x 1.75 mm Thread (16mm height) 19mm or 3/4 wrench flats

3 Likes

The clamps are called ssh clamps. You can also reach out to @BizzybeeTeam and get them from them, too.

3 Likes

You already tried common vendors like…Grainger, McMaster, Dixon, glacier tanks, extractor depot, BBV etc?

2 Likes

SSH stands for sanitary series high pressure and usually they are made and supplied by ljstar.

I’m pretty sure ljstar don’t sell to consumers.

Bvv carries replacement parts for them too

6 Likes

Bhogart has them

4 Likes

So does ets and ironfist. Nearly every manufacturer that deals with propane will have them

7 Likes

Looks like the standard LJ Star hardware has brass nuts. Does NB Oler upgrade em maybe?

FWIW: lowest priced SSH Clamps Ive found: SSH Clamps | Encole

3 Likes

thank you @Dred_pirate We sell the brass nuts for SSH clamps for $8/pair. They aren’t listed on the website but I can send you an invoice if you’d like.

4 Likes

I tried a few online but apparently my search skills are lacking. I was just searching for the bolt specs and material. It was hard to find them in the right height. You guys are the best.

My first check was https://qualitystainlessparts.com

Mcmaster carr had shorter versions and but are anti cannabis

I just need the nuts

Great now ive got Eazy E in my head haha

Ill hit you up Bizzybee

…and this is what it’s like when world’s collide!

I saw McMaster mentioned on Hacker News last week: Mcmaster.com is the best e-commerce site I've ever used | Hacker News

It seems a lot of industries are at the same watering hole.

Really appreciate this thread, had no idea there were this many options to the low vac / high pressure Lego tubes we enjoy.

1 Like

McMaster’s website is a modern marvel - they threw SO much money at making that interface one of the nicest ordering experiences on the internet.

NEVER indicate what industry you work in - they will perma-ban anyone cannabis (or at least they have in the past). My business partner is on some shady list where he basically can’t make another account using his own name/credit cards ever again because his first account’s email address was tied to a cannabis company with an easy to find website.

4 Likes

I’m checking out the site and they have the SSH clamps available in 6" and in 6-5/8". I’m curious, does anybody know what the 6-5/8" would be used for? Thicker steel possibly? I believe that BizzyBee and N.B.Oler are two companies who use thicker steel on their systems than the average, does this impact clamp size? Are both of these companies running the straight 6" or are they running 6-5/8" clamps?

3 Likes

I’ve got some SSH clamps that came with used brass nuts that I would like to replace with Si Bronze nuts, and am trying to confirm nut size/spec for the SSH 6" bolts, and if anyone has a source for replacements.

Can anyone confirm the M12 x 1.75mm thread for the SSH clamp ? My google fu is failing to confirm.

Thanks.

@hooch, sorry missed your inquiry, thats a good Q, I was scratching my head about that as well!

1 Like

Brass?

Silicon Bronze?!?

Color is similar….performance not so much

@Hooch We use 6" clamps, our thicker walls affect to ID not OD.

@pangea We stock replacement bolts. You can email me at billy@bizzybee.com if you’re still in need.

@cyclopath We use brass. I haven’t messed around with Si Bronze but I would be concerned at people thinking this is a permanent solution and neglecting inspections on the nuts/bolts and having a failure. The brass is an intentional (and cheap) weak point which leads to regular inspection and replacement. In an emergency situation if you have massive over-pressurization of the system, I would rather see the clamps fail at the brass nuts than much higher pressures and potentially risk explosion of a column. I have seen people double up on brass nuts as a preventative measure for the first one failing.

6 Likes