Where to get filter papers for a 4" column?

Hello there. I am searching for filter papers 1-2um for a 4" column I have. Cannot seem to find them anywhere, only strange sizes like 3.5 , 4.9 etc.

Any leads or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

We have a few options in 11cm if that would work (about 4.3")

I need something that will fit into a 4" column without having to cut the filter papers. The ID of a 4" column is slightly less than 4" though. Was hoping someone on here knows what size that would be, its driving me crazy trying to find one.

1 Like

I see what you mean - there’s pretty much nothing between 9 and 11cm and you’d really need a 9.5-10cm filter… I’d be interested to see what everyone else is using as well.

Ya fucking cutting them is a pain, never the size you need or if there is its some crqzy big micron

I use a retaining ring with an oversized filter paper and fold the sides of the paper up around its’ edges. It actually kind of helps wedge it in there and prevent it from coming loose.

9 Likes

Ive always used a larger filter paper to filter plate. its just easy to leave a little bit of a lip and press down a compression ring to secure it.

for a 3" filter plate i find that the 125mm (4.921") filter paper is perfect. gives just enough of a lip around the outside to form a sort of bowl that i can load with more filtration be it coffee filters, glass wool, ect.

3 Likes