Where is the money?

All you need is 1 super bowl score from the past to be set for life

5 Likes

Plenty of people not knowing what there doing or A thing about this industry. Very few people actually knowing what there doing and lots of people know the industry. Take advantage of people willing to waste there money in a quick gold rush scene. Thats the human way. Knowledge and money hardly ever hold hands. Thats how we keep an equal balance. The BM waited for this for them to thrive. The legal money holders are always taking risks. There is the money. Being tossed around in the salad of WTF. Inbalance makes the world go round.

1 Like

You can certainly make some cash consulting, but I know quite a few legitimate master growers who made $300k/yr consulting when CO/etc were transitioning from caregiver->MED markets, now they’re making $12.50/hour.

Obviously there are some outliers, but two polarized sides of the consulting spectrum I’ve worked along with are:
1: Those who have the positive attributes of or directly come from traditional consultancies like Mckinsey, etc. They solely ask for a high but fair hourly/project rate, don’t overbill, complete a job, and go onto the next one. You better save your money if you go this route because there’s usually no big payoff.
2: Those who look to “make deals” with every client - whether that be gouge them for an inane % of equity, give them horrible vendor/etc recommendations because they have referral deals, overcharge ($25k for a hemp cultivation license app), etc. You better have a backup plan if taking this route because your reputation can and likely will go to zero in a second. I can name a few cannabis consultancies that have worked with hundreds of clients but can’t provide a single positive review.

7 Likes

Just wait until the deep south gets into the game

2 Likes

I am def TN an ky

1 Like

Re-Proofing Ethanol Water Mixtures or disposal for the the hundreds of gallons per day used by all of those c18 chromatography columns

2 Likes

Breeding fire genetics and collecting rare genetics. The seed game was the place to be for the hemp boom.

4 Likes

Do you need to exceed the azetrope or dance up to its edge? Both are feasible, but one is going to cost much more. Haha, I am incredibly late to this thread.

I’ve worked in 7 different med/rec states doing everything from builds to grows to extraction and sales. I’m currently in Mass and its by far the toughest scene as far as the CCC and MDAR

3 Likes

I second the hemp genetics. Those guys have barrels of seeds.

After working/living in the industry the last 7 years I’d say based upon what I’ve seen there’s plenty of exciting stuff to come in the next few years.

The name of the game is adapting to an ever changing industry. Be like water.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Great ideas. Bless

1 Like

" i think every successful person here went through many nights thinking its not worth it but also knowing there is nothing in this world they rather be doing." couldn’t have said it better.

4 Likes

right now, I’d say the money was in making ethanol.

6 Likes

The price of oil is so low right now ethanol plants are barely producing. Some r making sanitizer tho

AND consequently, folks in the extraction game are having trouble sourcing their solvent…

1 Like

The MED, REC, and hemp industries will soon be going through a near extinction event over the rest of this year, as many MSOs, LPs, etc won’t be able to get constant $250MM infusions of cash every 6 months. I’m sure many of you shared my confusion when you frequently huge M&A deals, valuations, public offerings, etc given to companies that you’d barely even heard of. The majority of those ended up being insider deals, or blatant scams. Most of the people running those either have been or soon will be kicked out of the industry.

Now, the money is in efficient, long-term survival. If you’re a licensee operating efficiently, or can provide a product/service that contributes to that based on merit you are in a good position. Sorta like how an industry actually should function, crazy right?!

6 Likes

I’m surprised nobody started to gas solvents through the “CRC” aka fixed bed columns/towers/reactors to filter the impurities out of the solvents. propane is still around…

not the solvent I had in mind… :wink:

are extraction grade hydrocarbons harder to source?
How does that interact with the price of petroleum right now?

1 Like

Who said that ???
Been cleaning gunk solvents for 2 years now and I am getting good at it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

[Illinois flower and such meds - #11 by ShtoobsGnome]
Felt I my post was somewhat relative to your post…

1 Like