When sugar turns to budder

What’s going on when diamonds don’t form and I just get a thick sludge of extract that homogenizes into a thick paste rather then a crystal and terp fraction?

@FicklePickle
@StoneD
@Killa12345

They may have an idea.

Fats and such make the solution thicker and more likely to budder.

1 Like

Exactly. If I had to bet. Your running too warm and picking up tooo many impurities.

3 Likes

I’m
Finding it may have more to
Do
With head space. I can pour out from the same run into different jars and the jar with more material seems to budder up while the jar with less seeMs to do what it’s supposed to. Just trying to get a Definitive reason as to why

Some jars could be popping the tops and slightly purging

Hmmmm. I run dry ice cooled solvent (50 ft coil in slurry) run it super slow on injection. It takes like 3-5 minutes to fill my 4x24” material column and it freezes instantly. Stays frozen for a while too. But I n2 my solvent out as soon as I push my 10lbs in to make sure it doesn’t warm in the column. I filter down to 3 microns. Could I still be pulling lots of fats and waxes??

Don’t sound like it. Your jars are probably losing their seal

1 Like

Ok. More stuff in jars causing higher pressure Forcing it to release faster making the solvent dry too fast and causing buddering. That sounds plausible. Thanks for helping me work through the this. I need to fill my jars less

2 Likes

i think I’m going to soak the budder in my column and re run it. Budder is gross

Are you running a jacketed column? 3-5 min is a long injection for a non jacketed column and no matter what temp you’re residing long enough to pick up impurities if you ain’t jacketed imo. I run thru my unjacketed 4x24 in less then 60sec and just keep dumping till I hit 20ishlbs then I push with dry n2

1 Like

That might just be my problem. I’m concerned running fast won’t allow my solvent to get cold enough. But then again I’m getting darker extracts and it’s driving me nuts

Maybe I should start cooling the solvent tank first instead of just relying on the coil. Or get a second coil maybe

@mcbreeezy have you looked over all our previous threads about all this stuff? Sounds like you havnt because we done figured all this stuff out. I suggest you do a deep dive into the search and learn some stuff.

1 Like

Devil is in th details man. I’ve read everything

2 days of reading is good. But there are MANY more days ahead, keep on @mcbreeezy, more to learn!

2 Likes

24 days of reading is pretty impressive.’my 2 days feels like 2 months lol

1 Like

I’m just a padawan. Always learning.

3 Likes

What does your materia look like?? It’s probably that

No vapor pressure to get crystallization