What's your percentage of unfilled carts with particulate or inclusions straight out of package?

Hi All,

I’m wondering what other people are experiencing in terms of dirty cart hardware straight out of the package from the supplier and what people have done about it.

We source our ceramic hardware from overseas and have custom printing. We have had to implement a serious pre-filling inspection to divert carts that have permanent specs, fibers, inclusions, and finish imperfection. From case to case, the failure rate can be highly variable (5-50%). But, over the course of 10’s of thousands of carts, we are seeing failure rates for dirty hardware at 20% of more.

This has been a significant cost to us in lost hardware, b grade carts, and labor. Sourcing from overseas means we have limited recourse and also the logistical challenges even when the manufacturer tries to make things right. So, I’m wondering if the rate of dirty carts is in line with other people who are sourcing abroad.

Thoughts, perspectives, solutions?

You are appreciated.

2 Likes

So you’re saying 20% of your carts arrive with particulate in them straight from your manufacturer? If so then yes, there’s an issue / that isn’t normal.

May I ask you what style of cartridge you use and what the supplier name is?

I have manufactured a new style of Cart, QC4 - Quartz Carbon Ceramic Cottonless. Check out my site weedvapes.co.uk for more information, they’re revolutionary, oil drops onto carbon ceramic coil via gravity with zero cotton. And no particulates in my carts!

If you do not wish to change supplier, may I suggest a pre-filling quality control method: compressed air, shot into the cartridge opening, with a nozzle pushed right down to the bottom of the cart. I think this would remove the vast majority of any dusts and particulates inside. Apart from that I cannot think of anything else, apart from changing supplier - they should be ontop of this during the production of the cart.

Have a word with your supplier and if it happens again on the next order, change suppliers. There are THOUSANDS of cartridge factories within China. Half of them are making the exact same models.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

We use a full ceramic with ceramic core that is visually similar to what you are offering. Do you offer a .5ml sized cart and branding? I’m not free to disclose the manufacturer.

Thanks for the confirmation that this isn’t the norm. It’s to the point that I am ready to change, but there is a lot of inertia in doing so and I’m not the driver of this ultimate decision.

Thanks!

It looks to me like the most viable options are:

• pay someone to stand in the factory and QC your products as they come off the line
  • fire your supplier

The vendor knows that you will accept and deal with their garbage, so you get their garbage.

Either fix that by putting stringent QC measures in place, ideally at the factory level, or move on.

If you decide to go with the Fix route, I can recommend someone I’ve worked with in the past who does pre-shipment QC type stuff in China. He’s a retired US engineer who lives in China, speaks Chinese, and helps people source stuff there.

5 Likes

Thanks! These are the types of ideas I need to bring to the powers that be.

thats gross negligence and i would highly recommend switching and not wasting your time. If their standard is 20% contaminated carts i doubt they can or will turn this quality around for one buyer. How many carts are you buying at a time? i would guess you are a very small fish in a large sea.

3 Likes

We buy minimum 10k, usually 20-30.

We’ve had a long time relationship with this company and seen an increase in issues with their cleanliness. When we started with them, they were a relatively novel product on the market, but there are others doing what they are doing. The problem goes up and down, based on our complaints, but it’s time to extinguish this problem one way or another. I’m really trying to come to the company with solutions rather than just rehash this known problem.

I got you on ceramics that look similar, and are qc’ed in a clean room and then wrapped…

Im running a deal on 20k orders, for 25k , shipped from the us.

1 Like

Do you offer logo printing?

Not from the US based carts

1 Like

Do they replace the bad carts with fresh clean carts shipped at their expense immediately, or do you hear “we will replace those on your next order”?

I’d be happy with “we will replace those on your next order.” But, that’s happened very rarely. Honestly, I think some of it is on our company for accepting it for so long.

1 Like

Yup, they think you’re the one they can dump their sub par products on and still get your business….and so far, they have been right! “We will replace those on your next order” in Chinese translates to “fuck you bitch” in English.

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I have thousands of carts I cant sell because @Ascent wont replace the $0.02 gasket until I make another order. Thats the quickest way to make it my last order. Its why I don’t work with wolkentek/mera any more too

4 Likes

@ascent dropped the ball and hasn’t responded to their own offer to replace 700 carts. I’ll be happy with that outcome even at a loss for labor, distillate and Terpenes. I’ll even upload a video as I dispose of said carts.

I’ve given them my input @qma and it seems that their only issue is that gasket I love the hardware.

@ascent come trough and fix your problem publicly respond. I can only imagine how much sales you’re losing as now it shows you’ve been aware of the existing problem and refuse to make it right with a supplier with a well versed clientele.

1 Like

Hello sir. We did happended that seals pop out issues. But the issues that you’re not ordering directly from us. Right?

Correct I buy from a vendor you had a long standing relationship with. Why does it matter where it came from when he was at the time your vendor.

He may no longer be because you won’t fix an issue that’s your manufacturing defect.

The gasket on the new all ceramics is too big. Proved by me being able to cap 20 tips from the older all ceramic carts onto your new ones and they fit perfectly not a single popped gasket even done by hand quickly.

In your DM you didn’t seem to have a single issue with who I bought it from. I’ve the time now to deal with the issue and would love a resolution. Once that’s squared away and you start using the right gasket on this new all ceramic I’ll be a happy customer.

3 Likes

“We will gladly replace them on your next order”

Ok.let’s do something to make it perfect. Dm

3 Likes

I totally understand your feeling. There are too many small workshops produce cheap cartridges of poor quality.
Nowadays, more and more small workshops abuse the term “all ceramic” to describe their cheap and bad products as high performance cost ratio. No cotton does not mean that the whole mesh coil is made of ceramic 100%. For most companies, producers use silica gel to prop up the heating coil to prevent from leaking. Actually, once you use those carts, the silica gel has a risk to transform
due to the high temps and it leads to oil leaking.
Back to the subject, if you really enjoy the great flavor and are interested in finding some premium cartridges, please let me take you a minute to introduce our technology and products.
Kiln sinter integrated tech (Ecap patent): Fill the raw KCOIL ceramic coil into Ceramic center post, then sintering under 1100℃ to merge 2 parts together.
The Kiln sinter integrated tech is used in our IC series cartridges, so our products is no cotton, no silica gel and no heavy metal. The thickest and sauciest oils can easily permeate into the pores of the ceramic like honey-comb and diffuses into a delicate tasting vapor. The coil structure of no cotton and no silica gel provides a large number of fog to make you taste a great flavor but not burnt taste.
Secondly, the porosity rate of our ceramic coil could reach 50% or higher and the general industry level is only 30-35%. To ensure the coil best absorb the CBD/THC oil like a sponge, we design the the porosity rate 50% so there is no need to make a huge intake hole.
If you are interested in our premium products, please DM me for free samples.