What's the worst crude you've ever seen?

I was working with some CBD crude destined for Japan recently, which was extracted only from stems, using supercritical CO2. It had about 25% CBD content, and more waxes than it did cannabinoids.

Another product in the running was an extract prepared by boiling hemp in 70% ethanol, sugar city!

What’s the worst crude you’ve personally come across in your career?

10 Likes

The left overs from re running columns to dial in a good solvent ratio, sat open air for 4-6 months and was like axel grease

2 Likes

what did you determine proper solvent ratio? I use alot? But if I see trichs under magnification I rerun it and get more.

Keep in mind seeing trichomes doesn’t mean they’re full of cannabinoids.

3 Likes

I make gummies out of em and get great reviews. If I eat it I get FUCKED UP! Im not talkig non capitate, If they have heads its ok. But I should try a light ratio on my next run. Im thinking of running warm/ just as cold as my freezer and then doing a bulk dewax/ runnin to the dry ice store is a pain in my ass.

Sorry I meant doesn’t mean they’re full I fixed that. You can see a trichome but it can also not be full of content after a initial wash through of a volume of solvent. It could just be the structure of the head itself striped of cannabinoids.

3 Likes

if you run it and theres no thc left but you get yield is it all waxes? because they get me high? Ive rerun to the point its spent but still made gummies from the tiny yield. My gummies cost a buck or 2 for 40 mg so its not like Im being an ass squeezing the last out of the material and screwing people/

I’m just saying it comes a point is running all that solvent worth the small amount that may or may not come through is all. I can see yields on blasting up to 5 times, doesn’t mean it’s worth it to run solvent at 3-5 x the volume of bio 5 times through. I would rather be much more efficient in my initial extraction & recover far less solvent for a much higher yield.

absolutely. time is money. Im just cheap, its good I dont own a restaraunt or you may get old food. i dunno whats inneficcient in my initial extraction. Ive heard of a hot loop to rerun during the same run I think, that could save time at least. But I unpack the column, inspect trichs and rerun if I think it can yield. Last rerun was an oz so def worth my time- thats 600 gummies.

This was for crude. 10-12lb soak and then 5-7 fresh solvent flush after a 7 min soak and always got less than 1% return when columns where re ran

2 Likes

what makes it crude vs bho? Just starting material? Or is all bho crude when you use spd? I dunno if you guys would call my shatter crude because it hasnt gone through an spd? Its not dark. its all my own material and only the final trims or nug runs. I see he term crude and it means gonna be further processed. Does it mean low quality? or is all non distillate referred to as crude?
Ive only smoked disty out of shared vape pens and its crap with fake terps added to me.

It was all meant for the wiper, so ran with no other objective that get as much done as fast as possible. Hence the week spent running columns at different ratios, if i could get away with 1 less lb of gas per column that meant more columns which meant more period

1 Like

Yo…me and @FicklePickle seen some crude with a dead rat in it. Threw that fucken vessel away. Rat crawled in and got stuck in it…on a hill in the state of Jefferson

15 Likes

Oh ya, use to keep a jar like the tore shops for all the shit i found, scissor obviously, sharpies, intended on stealing pounds all trimmed up. Bullets, frog, salamander, part of a condome wrapper, could go on. Usually coils tell who or where the trim came from, sunflower seeds= Bulgarians. Chinese candy wrapper=hmong.

2 Likes

We had some nasty material that was making black oil that smelled similar to copenhagen chewing tobacco . It was some og kush trim that was a couple years old so we called it og chaw . Someone did a dab of it and my homie almost threw up from the awful smell . Then it became a thing to give people " OG chaw " dabs we did not like . The dead rat in the jar of crude takes that win lmao .

1 Like

now I know what you guys mean by crude- mine is shatter.

When I first learned that everclear could extract, I told a buddy of mine, who then decided that the longer he soaked the material the better, because it yielded more. A week long soak at room temp makes a product very similar to resin scraped out of a pipe.

4 Likes

Whatever the fuck this was. Never did figure it out.

3 Likes

I think I’ve got one that tops all…

I’ve seen @Omni’s truck bed lol

7 Likes

that was artwork you shmuck…lol :rofl:

6 Likes