What's the going rate for winterized decarbed hemp crude in Colorado?

Have had a couple clients that supposedly had tens of thousands of pounds of hemp that needed extraction suddenly run dry, talking to another client trying to drum up some work they claimed they could buy 60-ish % CBD crude for $1500/kg and that was cheaper than they could extract descent quality hemp for. Curious if there is any truth to that statement and if so, did a bunch of crude drop on the market or are all the labs doing distillation/isolation just that backed up?

I hear stories of crude going that cheap but I haven’t seen it personally. Most of the stuff I see here in CO is in the $2k-$2,500 range and a few asking in excess of $3k. I don’t know how much they sell at those prices but the vast majority I see is in that first range. Crude quality is all over the map though even from the same extractor so buyer beware. If you have any distillation needs hit me up, I have a couple slots available at the moment.

Wow, the crude is really cheap at that price. Cann’t image the profitability for small business.

youd be surprised :wink:

Do you think that Crude testing 64% with 7% THC is still worth the 2k-2.5k? Or is it worth more like the 1750 or 1500 range.

The 64% is a good number but the 7% is very high. Distillate is typically in the 2-3.5% range so if you ran that crude to distillate it would be pushing 8-10% on THC. It makes it very hard to use distillate with numbers that high and if you take it to isolate that just means higher losses. With that in mind I would say it would have to sell below the $2k mark.

Thank you that was my thoughts as well. I have it for Sale at 1750 and have found some interest, but was just curious.

2 Likes

I’d ask for a sample to winterize yourself before buying. I pulled 250ml of wax from a liter of crude I picked up for 2k for a grand total of 750ml making it into the boiling flask. Wasn’t advertised as winterized, I only assumed so because if was advertised as devolitilized by WFE. Which is was, just had a TON of waxes in it as well.

1 Like

How much do you charge to distill crude? I’m still putting the last touches on my WFE and I need to get some crude either sold or taken to distillate to sell

I’m in Wisconsin and looking for crude to distill. Reply to my DM I sent earlier if you’d like to chat about it.

We are in Colorado and could turn it to distillate or isolate for you

Sent you a DM Rowan.

What do you charge to distill winterized, decarbed crude?