Whats the best 5lb closed loop on the market

In the market for a 5lb CLS I know the price ranges vary highly so let’s cap it at 15k I’d prefer to spend 5k though.

Investigating options there’s so many. It’s a lot

Things I want,

You’re opinions.

Passive I think.
Low maintenance would be cool. Servicing. CMEPs is something I hate.

In that price range, build one.

I would expect to spend on the 10-15k range for building something decent (this is bare bones on the low end for sure)

This is assuming you aren’t wanting a 1lb set up

5 Likes

Build it

5 Likes

If he builds it, hash will come

8 Likes

I built my 5lb for about 3k I think :thinking:. It’s been a while.

8 Likes

Mine is like 7 so far. There is a lot I still want to change/upgrade now after running it for awhile. By the time it’s to where I want it to be I would say 15k is pretty realistic

3 Likes

Just built one for a friend came out to 7k also run ready accessories and all

3 Likes

Do you have a parts list…wheres killa? I dont need it pressure tested I know how to turn a torque wrench and apply thread tape. @Killa12345

2 Likes

How detailed of a part list are you talking? It’s really best you learn about all the parts on your own and aren’t just handed a list.

Look at pictures of other peoples set ups (that’s all I did), research the available parts & the stores that provide them (each store has ups and downs), make a thread after you have a rough idea of what you think you want and take input on your design from the community. Tweak set up per input and as budget allows. There ya go.

5 Likes

He should have some. I’m talking to him about a couple 5lb kits. He pressure tests anyways I think.

2 Likes

I dont need one, but if you had one and it was a simple copy paste id like to see it…

1 Like

we ran 3 x 5lb units simutanously back in the day, i just wish i hadnt sold those units now.

3 Likes

So on top of these pictures i got 4 filter plates from @Killa12345 for like 300ish. A few buckets and misc items for a few hundred more.

Carbon steel tank 3/4 plug reduced to 1/2 for recovery. 1/4 vac,nitro, inj. into the column 3/8th out to crc and 1/2 exit from crc to 12x30 collection(w/ 12x6 splatter.)

More like 5.5-6 on second look

6 Likes

When a big :spoon: won’t cut it

8 Likes

Build one. Maybe look at different designs.

You want a stainless solvent tank maybe @Killa12345 can make you a tank with a prv, 1/2" recovery port with a dipstick and gauge. Or you could buy a sleeved one from @GreenMachine_Consult

You could get a lid for your collection made with a 1/2 recovery port and sight glasses.

Jacketed base for warm water recovery

If you’re going dewaxing setup get a tank of nitrogen and learn about how to use it safely.
Also look into how to safely dewax.

Crc

molecular sieve.

The crc isn’t a must but the other things will help out a lot but are mainly things I would personally do.

Again look at different designs and see what’s up and then look at the safest cheapest parts you can use to replicate the design or a similar design.

Good Luck :wink:

1 Like

I happen to like the design of the usalabs Vulcan cls. I don’t own one and haven’t ran one but seen multiple units in person. There happens to be an exact parts list on there site for it also https://www.usalab.com/usa-lab-5lb-vulcan-rack-mounted-closed-loop-extractor/
Rack mounted 1/2 in lines. And I happen to think the nitrogen line they have run is pretty sexy

1 Like

thx bro checking them out now. I have a few stainless jacketed bases from back in the day still. ugh decision making time.

1 Like