Whats in your toolbox

Voltage detector and a line tracker are amazing things to have when you need em. Definitely agree items like that are needed in your tool bag.

I’m also a big fan of having assorted zip ties available

2 Likes

Those sniffers are dope! They can be misleading tho, my electricians showed me a great example of a sniffer not detecting a current in one of our outlets, then testing it with a multimeter and showed full amps. No replacement for a multimeter, but they definitely have their uses.
completely agree about zipties! my favorite are the reusable type, so damn handy

1 Like

I see a lot of harbor freight tools. My daddy just passed, he taught me that your work is only as good as your tools. Spend some of that money you’re making on quality shit!

4 Likes

Great thread. :+1:

1 Like

I just had to break a bolt off the high pressure clamp on a solvent tank. I think that the bolt got seized onto the nut when swim attempted to loosen the bolt without backing off the lock nut from the other nut. I used two breaker bars and a second person. Snapping them off is quick if you can generate the force. It pays to have true impact sockets and box wrenches, not an adjustable for this purpose. I’m glad I didn’t have to saw it off and I’m really glad I didn’t have to grind it off. I can blow air through it until my hydrocarbon sniffer doesn’t ping, but I still don’t love that idea.

1 Like

We spend money where it counts and not where it doesn’t. The genius is knowing which is which.

5 Likes

Yea I was freaking I tried prying her off but the double bolt clamp on the precision x40 there not too much room for play, so hand saw was all I was comfortable with , I still was tweaking don’t get me wrong

1 Like

Condolences

2 Likes

the gall of some people…

see: Stainless steel nuts?

and some sage advice that has been repeated in at least a couple of other places

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Damaged-Corroded-Removal-Splitting/dp/B07FNQLF7T

(or at least keep one in your toolbox)

7 Likes

I was looking for one locally, but no one had it. I’m ordering this one.

1 Like