What's in your inhalable cannabinoid product? OLCC & Terpenes

Continuing the discussion from New OLCC rules for artificially derived cannabinoids and CRC:

OLCC wants to know where you’re getting your terpenes. Hemp or Cannabis derived, they want in METRC, botanical, they want documentation for.

these are not new rules, but they have begun enforcement…

if you’re buying from another OR producer, cannabis derived terpenes are presumably already in METRC, but I suspect most folks are under the impression that they can source CDT and HDT from anywhere if it’s cannabinoid free, then just go ahead and use it.

not what the AHJ has decided if you’re in OR. probably heading that way elsewhere also.

Edit: possibly relevant Real terps matter to the olcc too

8 Likes

Artificial? Synthetic? All i hear is bad bad bad and more bad, don’t care what anyone says, if you’re selling this stuff it’s hot garbage imo.

As I learn more about this plant I am now CERTAIN that I want to see a FULL BAN on enriching concentrates/pre-rolls/distillate with terps or thc extracted from biomass the concentrate wasn’t created from.

Synthetic/artificial/chemically extracted products are not the answer to the problem that is cannabis… proof of this is happening in Canada currently.

The ‘big cannabis’ companies are blaming black market sales for taking an alledged 40-60% of their ‘legal cannabis revenue’.

Truth is NOBODY who is even remotely educated about cannabis wants a synthetic/artificial/chemically created product regardless of product type or use.

1 Like

Response from OLCC when asked for clarification

In Oregon, the type of cannabis the terpenes are derived from makes a difference.

Under Oregon law, anything derived from marijuana is a “marijuana item” and is regulated under the state’s marijuana program. The cannabinoid content does not matter, just the source. OLCC licensees cannot receive marijuana items from outside of Oregon’s regulated system. So there is no pathway for marijuana-derived terpenes to enter the OLCC-regulated system.

Hemp-derived terpenes are a “hemp item” and are able to enter the system in the same way as any other hemp item. They would have to come from an ODA-licensed hemp handler with an OLCC hemp certificate. The hemp certificate holder can enter the terpenes into their Metrc account, then order the required compliance testing (including a potency test). If it passes compliance testing, then they can transfer to any OLCC-licensed processor with a hemp endorsement via a licensed transfer in Metrc. Because of the way the legislature wrote the law for hemp entering the OLCC-regulated marijuana system, there is no way for an OLCC-licensed processor to receive hemp terpenes directly from an out-of-state source

So we can haz out of state HDT (& CDT), but only if it first lands in hemp lab with an OLCC endorsement & tests as “hemp”…

6 Likes

I’ll be renewing my OLCC cert here shortly, it lapsed because ODA dragged their feet on getting new hemp handler licenses out and I’ve been operating under a temp license since December. The new ODA license showed up in the mail yesterday so I’ll send OLCC a check sometime this week and should have some hemp terpenes back in METRC in a month or so.

6 Likes

Niiiice