Whats a safe PSI rating for a closed loop extractor

Depending on the temps you run, it will be different, but most I’ve psi I’ve put in my system outside of pressure testing is 60psi, and that’s just when I use a n2 push for crc.

Other than that, my cls never sees more than approx 50psi.

5 Likes

If it will hold 100psi during a pressure test for 24 hours, you’re good.

Also, if the price isn’t that much less, I’d suggest going through @Killa12345 via his site.

Edit: killa’s gear is chinese too, but if the cost isn’t much more, I do put a monetary value on trusting the vendor and he has earned that with his customer service imo

12 Likes

I thought @Killa12345’s steel was from China? Just a quality Chinese manufacturer, not a shitty one…
Maybe I have my wires crossed… could be wrong.

2 Likes

What makes the Chinese equipment quality is the American QCing them stateside, along with designing them etc.

3 Likes

Plus killa cares and isnt gonna give you a ticking time bomb

12 Likes

i sell chinese steel. I do my own QC which i think is pretty deceit.

16 Likes

Him checking the product (pressure testing and inspecting) being the final eye before the product gets to customer is what makes him such a successful small business.

That and murdering everyone’s media prices and having e-commerce skills on major platforms.

4 Likes

anyone can do what i do…but dealing with after sales support and warranty issues is where i shine. Anyone can find my suppliers from china…they all advertise on alibaba

14 Likes

Yo, I wasn’t trying to take shots in any way. I know your shit is quality, just like everyone else here.
Sorry if it came off that way…
The guy above just said : “Edit: not because it isn’t Chinese steel,” and I was just letting him it is indeed Chinese steel. But the quality is great.

I don’t have that China Hate that some guys on here do lol

3 Likes

You’re focused for repeat business with consumables and starting their business off right with equipment. It’s a beautiful synergy.

I will get a quote soon I hope lmao :kissing_heart: and a blunt

2 Likes

i didnt take it that way @ZizzleB…just agreeing…

just following up what a china company cant do in terms of support that i can do. Anyone can get lucky and buy a perfect extractor from china. I said lucky cause you have to be a bit lucky to get it all right on the first time.

Ive said it about 1000x times. Nothing i do is special in terms of sourcing.

Yes, im pretty gifted in logistics which makes finding the most economical shipping a bit easier…

Then i really know how to operate these things if you ever run into a problem…im pretty good at getting people out of a pickle.

And the after sales support in case something does go wrong where it can. Usually china wants you to buy something else in order to get a part replaced. Asking china to just replace a part on their dime without a future purchase is like pulling teeth. its not easy.

Obviously, i was like these people and took a lot of hits finding the right suppliers for the various parts we use. I dont use one factory for my parts… I use 5x. My steel all comes from a factory which the clamps are the worst in china…the valves are shitty from them too…but their steel welding is top notch…

same goes for my clamp and fittings lady. their steel is shit and i see other extractor companies purchasing from them…im not gonna name names but the ferrules tell the story.

Same with buying gaskets…i cant trust either of them for gaskets…which come from a whole other part of china…same with the filter plates…them sintered discs come from a scientific supplier…not a steel company…

this all takes time to figure out…good luck as i always say! its a lot more complex than people think to get a quality product i can put my name on

17 Likes

Learn some more about your solvent of choice:

Butane - Thermophysical Properties

Propane Butane Mixture - Evaporation Pressure

7 Likes

I think I stated it IS Chinese, but I trust him to adequately pressure test.

2 Likes

I must have missed that post… This is the one I am referring to.

1 Like

Edited my statement to make it more clear to read. Was a little confusing

2 Likes

350psi rating is what is required by code if it is non asme. 250 if it is asme stamped. If you don’t care about code compliance, I would at least shoot for 150psi rating minimum even when using 100% butane. That is about 3-4x the normal working pressures of a machine using 100% butane.

@Killa12345 do you pressure test every single welded part stateside? Are you still getting your discs from the same company? I can get you a better price and quality than them if you are interested.

4 Likes

i pressure test every single extrator i sell stateside with my own hands. I dont let anyone do any pressure testing but me. I have my employee build them but i do the pressure testing myself as i know how important this is. Shoot me an email on the sintered disc cost in 1 and 5 micron. 100x of each size and micron shipped.

7 Likes

Thanks guys,
I had a look at @Killa12345’s store. Prices aren’t that far apart though I’m in Europe rather than USA so there’s other factors. That said you seem to get a lot of love on here & not blowing myself up is important to me so I may be in touch once I’ve done more research.

7 Likes

I’m a happy customer of the 1 pound extractor. Pressure, and vac checked out fine (though I had no doubts in the quality control).

2 Likes

When your system comes in, consider hydro testing it rather than using compressed gas, the failure mode is gentler…

There is a write up on that around here, or return to this thread and ask and somebody will probably dig it up for you.

14 Likes