What would you want in a ice hash washing machine?

This might be a dumb question but…

If you were able to design or modify a ice washing system what would your main focus points be?

What are the usual suspects for issues?

Full disclosure, I have 0 experience using or making any sort of hash, but my boss is interested in getting it going. We have a good relationship with a manufacture in China that has built us cart filling and joint filling machines so he would ideally like them to design something that would fit our needs based off the generic washing machines theyre already making. we can however tell them to upgrade certain parts or whatever.

Or is that honestly just a bad idea and we should go with an established system for now?

If you don’t already know at least some of the important factors required for a design like this, you’re better off buying someone else’s kit, unless you want to go through probably 3 major design revisions before you get something that works quite well.

It’s not an overly complicated problem, but as with so many other things, there are some important features/problems that have non-obvious ramifications and solutions.

It’s a completely different type of problem than filling carts or pre-rolls.

2 Likes

This is what’s gonna cost you big time. Also don’t randomly trust strangers online for stuff that’ll cost you lots of money if incorrect. At least fact check their skill level because you’ll get a lot of people talking about what you should do without showing you what they CAN do.

3 Likes

thats what I figure. I just need to cover my basis so when I have my next meeting with the $$$ i can tell him why we should not go with China for this particular type of equipment.

understood. just trying to build a report to bring back to my boss.

honestly the systems out there are generally such a good value that its not that much cheaper going with china tbh

1 Like

Oh great, another hash machine made by people who dont make hash using chinese gear. The horse is dead, leave it alone.

You could just buy up the all the vts laying around and sit on those, same result.

The hash gear market is very saturated in all seriousness, i wouldnt reccomend it.

except we would have no intention of anyone else using our machine and it would be for our use only?

i thought that was clear lol

1 Like

Freeze dryers need competition. Rosin presses are sitting in the bronze age. If you looking for places where new equipment would be welcomed in solventless

1 Like

buddy i dont care about retailing lol

Ahhh nvm im a moron, carry on

Sc, osprey and hashtek are all solid options

1 Like

hahaha all good

but yeah the osprey mini is looking like a good starter option if he doesnt want to drop the $$$ on a big system, i think im just going to push that route for now

1 Like

The mini seems to be the only competitor in that size /price range unless you go for the very disposable 20 gallon clothes washers. I checked it out at biz con, definitely a nice little machine.