What would you pay for CBD-A crystal?

can crystallized cbd be heated to a liquid without it recrystallizing again as it cools or ages? If you heated it to a liquid then blended it with a carrier oil, would it still crystallize? Or can you pulverize the crystallized cbd into a fine powder and then blend it with a carrier oil? I’m trying different combinations.

thx

The only reason it wouldnt recrystallize is if you dropped the potency, the higher the potency the easier it is to crystallize

Pure isolate will start recrystallizing almost immediately after you melt it

1 Like

thank you

potency as @Kingofthekush420 stated is also dependent of carrier oil
some remarks made that say mct accepts 33% cbd before crystelization
but that olive oil only accepts 28% so really need to play

1 Like

i took a 5000mg crystal, pulverized it, then added it to the mct. It didn’t crystallize. i have not tried the same with isolate. It was not CBD-A however.

@tweedledew hey, I know a lab in KS that would be curious to get some CBDA seed crystals - they’ve been working on making high cbda concentrates using LLE after cryo-ethanol crude at the moment. Do you still have some available? or if anyone else does, definitely let me know!

2 Likes

CBDa is an oil. I’m pretty sure you can’t crystallize it. CBD takes almost no effort to crystallize. If crystals are what you’re after you best bet is to just decarb.

I have crystallized cbda. I have a lot of interesting notes and details on the behavior of cbda.

If you want some help, dm

If you guys buy me 10 kilos of @Waxplug1 new w1 media I’ll open source all my cbda findings.

4 Likes

Iv got kilos of cbda and its crystalized. :slight_smile:

CBDA-SpecSheet.pdf (503.4 KB)

5 Likes

We’re working on it, bunch of crazy stuff going on right now (not in a great way lol)

1 Like

@Apothecary36 tell u what, share it and I’ll give it to you. I’ve seen your research and I’m pretty amazed at what you’ve accomplished.

4 Likes

Alright well here goes.

Cbda has a very poor solubility in my favorite hydrocarbon: n butane. It is almost impossible to extract at cryo temps. At room temp the solubility is better, but then we extract a bunch of unwanted crap. To counter this I have used @Waxplug1 'S new media w1 to purify my warm extraction inline. I think @TOPSVik actually has the right idea with using an alcohol as the primary extraction solvent, followed by an LLE prior to evaporation of the alcohol . Now we all know that hydrocarbon is the best for crystallization. I think butane would be an excellent crystallization solvent but pentane is just as good.

Once you have prepared a pure solution of hydrocarbon and cannabinoids, we may attempt crystallization. A simple dirty crash on dry ice, followed by decanting of the mother liquor yielded has me great and rapid results. A secondary crash of the mother liquor is possible and very much desired. Repeated recrystallization is necessary for purity.

Temperature that cbda falls out of a butane solution is around 40 f. As you can see this would make for a lot of difficulty when extracting. I want to try a propane blend this week to increase my yield as I’ve heard others had success using a blend. If I didn’t have waxplugs new media I would have not made such progress on crystallization. Now I have crystallized sauce in my fridge.

Here is the weird part: if I take my supersaturated and crystallized solution out of the fridge, the isolate melts into an oil! It’s actually almost liquid. :scream:

I don’t have any fancy lab tests currently but I have dabbed it and it’s fire. I’ll continue to update

7 Likes

Got any pics you could share?

Yes keep in mind I have a shitty phone rn and I’m on a hemp farm…

W1 butane extract (no sintered disk, lots of clay in the product )

This is your brain on drugs (cbda melting )

3 Likes

Small batch no clays

Cold af been in the fridge for days, starting to melt though

6 Likes

Made this with a propane/iso blend, super runny

1 Like

Posted this in a few other threads already, extracted with 70/30

Uploading: IMG_20200206_153546.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20200206_095557.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20200211_093849.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20200211_093840.jpg…

Sorry for no gloves, this is a fun side project not for sale to gen pop

4 Likes

Ive been waiting years for this info to come to light. I have been making CBDa sugar for quite a while now, even before implementing CRC and especially after. I havent really had much luck getting huge crystals like the THCa guys but I do think it is totally possible with similar tech.

3 Likes

I do, just don’t have pricing yet- after running it on the HPLC (my high concentration cal levels are off, but the low concentration levels are fairly accurate) the thc is showing .4%

e6937fb69e8f3ad30b1428acb1933dbf3a500d0a_2_375x500

working on purification right now and awaiting COA

2 Likes