What would I need to make this system passive?

Did i say that? No

I said i see most people cap out on a 4x48 system passive.
It gets to a point where pumps are the cheaper option and we both know that

No one goes really bigger than a 6x48(for material) , like at all. Only scarce few.

I’m not sure I’m picking up what you’re saying?

2 Likes

I’m saying a chiller is going to cost more then he has in his pump.
I run an 8x48

1 Like

So a 6x48 column holds 24 liters thats
5 or 10 pounds of biomass
The purge atlas holds 30 pounds
My setup building right now has
60 liter biomass tanks hope to fit -24 pounds as well
And test run on a 150 liter biomass tank went well times are changing

2 Likes

i didnt think there was a cap on how big a system can be passive…but i guess ill still use the pump to speed things up… how do i know when to stop pushing with nitro? what are the best prv’s to get? how hard do i need to push if im running a crc? @cyclopath where u at?

30psi is the min I’ve used.

80psi is the max I’ve used or would recommend. I was running 125psi PRVs.

If your system is set up to handle higher, you can push harder…put then you’re running into the limits of the sintered disks.

1 Like

Good for you?

I still don’t know what you were saying about passive and 6x48. Didn’t know a material column dictated my recovery method?

How do you currently recover? Or what’s your plan on recovering into that tank passively?

Put a coil on di above your big solvent tank and hook it up to a vapor port. Have incoming vapors pass through coil and drop in to tank with gravity helping. Add a second small butane tank on DI to the second vapor port on the big solvent tank. The small tank acts as an expansion tank heating all the vapor pressure and also causes your big tank to cool down. The low vapor pressure also allows the incoming flow from the coil to drop in easily and the hot vapor behind it helps push the liquid condensed butane down. The coil will turn the hot vapors to liquid as they pass through. Also you need this type of coil to get gravity to help

Not this one

5 Likes

i have 2 sixty foot subzero coils.

1 Like

Idk why your acting like a dick. Pretty outta character.
Just suggest a stupid expensive chiller already so guy can realize thats not the route he wants to go. Or is.
The fact that you dont get what im saying is mind blowing and honestly dont believe it. I say something you dont follow or agree to about passive and you turn to a dick lmfao. Material column dictates recovery? I love you making shit up. I never said that. We all know passively revovering 5lbs is a fuck ton alot easier then 50 or 75 or 125lbs. So in a way yes it does unless you got deep pockets for a chiller. Stop playing stupid now its old. I know you love passive, but enough to act some type of way? Cmon.
Post a chiller for the guy make yourself useful rather then replying to me how bout that

1 Like

Yes please a link to a chiller would be nice.

1 Like

Fuck a chiller, run liquid co2 like a pro

2 Likes

+1…

1 Like

How much lco2 do you use per run?