What would be your dream storage facility?

We are in the id not a grower but want to be involved in a bigger way. We are thinking of perhaps building a storage and shipping facility. Would love thoughts on this

Long term storage is interesting
But some herbs come in infected and infect all the rest
Wheter it s mold or any other patthogen
And who is to blame then ???

4 Likes

The folks that write my checks put this together this year and I have to say that it is a very impressive former pear curing facility. I’ll admit that web-design may not be their area of expertise, but I’ll try to upload some pics I have in a bit.

Once you walk through this place, you start to get an idea of just how much infrastructure is still missing in this country and the amount of work that is still to come. Facilities like this are still not the norm, and all i can imagine is that this place will seem tiny in 5 years.

Lots of opportunity in hemp still, it just seems like most folks are all trying to make a name/buck doing the exact same three things.

Anyway, its huge multi building facility has hermetic rooms with 40’ ceilings, there are airplane hangers worth of cold storage, all with an updated ammonia system, 50˚F storage for super-sacks of dried material, space for bin storage and burping, etc.

With analytical monitoring of the material from intake, pre- and post-drying, all through the storage period and release.

https://www.pacificmarketexchangellc.com/services

2 Likes

I have it on good authority that a 16 chamber modified atmosphere system runs $350k by itself. Add in reefer chambers/panels, hvac hvac equipment, loading docks, and storage crates you’re looking at a nice chunck of change.

3 Likes

at least two groups have made offers to buy the whole thing from us just a few months after we got most of the facility up and running. I would estimate that it would cost about $22-$25M to recreate this site. Railroad access with a dedicated loading rail along rear of the property.

6 Likes