What went wrong?

I was distilling (or trying to) gas and ran into issues.
So i put the solvent into my collection via fresh tank. Everything was normal until i turned my trs21 on. So i turned it on opened the valve on my coil and tank (not empty).
I noticed weight being lost out of the tank and not added. Like. -.12 lbs. I looked at my coil and there is about 40-50 psi in the coil and not dropping. So there was air in it somehow. I have no idea from where. The entire sytem was vacd down prior including both sides of the trs21… Im recovering back into the fresh tank passively. Luckily had gotten dry ice today. What the F is going on? The only thing i can think is the recovery pump which only has like 60 hrs max on it. I just put new thread tape on the fittings. I let it chill under pressure and it didnt leak. Also checked when under psi with leak detector liquid.

lets see some pictures.

most likely scenario is a loose hose connection sucking air and leaking fuel.

do you have flammable gas detector?

1 Like

The coil has moisture in it

2 Likes

Yes i had the bhogart handheld one and some on the wall.

2 Likes

as in solid moisture?

That would make this happen? I was using it as an injection coil last friday. Last time it was used.

Hook up the coil to the vent port and see if it vents out the other side of the coil

1 Like

sieves?
know how to test them?!?

I had this happen before which is why I use my coil upside down now

2 Likes

I have a sieve before the pump. Although it hasnt been refreshed in a while. I have new beads i can use

The moisture is not coming from the material its coming from condensation build up after using it

1 Like

I already unconnected and vented it

1 Like

learn how to test them.
you running fresh frozen ever?

Did u see any water splurt out?

How would condensation get inside? Last time it was used it was an injection coil and it didnt get disconnected until like 4 hours ago. And didnt open tge valves until i vented and vacd it down. Not doubting genuinely curious

No some liquid tane though

A small leak most likely somewhere near the coil

2 Likes

certainly if it’s open to atmosphere and still in dry ice.

moisture from the biomass cant be ruled out yet.

1 Like

can we get those pictures?

1 Like

There is no biomasss in question. Straight from tank into collection pot. New solvent