What was the most interesting thing you heard at MJBizCon?

that’s a Florida birth right mmmmmkay

:joy:

4 Likes

Hey man! I would love to know what your favorite disposable turns out to be!

when we land on one, I can definitely let ya know!
it may be a bit though. We still have samples coming in the mail and then will have literally like 20+ models to test out across 8-10 decision makers.

but yeah I will report back when we make a decision for sure!

Question for those who have attended past MJBCs:

How was the overall attendance and enthusiasm compared to previous years?

Would you say the amount of innovation has slowed, quickened or stayed the same?

Any other overarching thoughts on how MJBC felt this year?

I have never gone to one but I think of it as an interesting barometer for the industry.

1 Like

Attendance felt down by about 50%, might have been the layout.

New tech this year was @SamboCreeck.com static separation unit, the dab dispensers for gram dispensing concentrates and a bunch of new hash equipment makers.

I think it was a valuable show for reputation and connections but the price:lead ratio has always been a bit terrible.

11 Likes

For sure, did you stop by bud tank? They make a device, the Noah. It’s pretty good, still use’s center posts but it works well.

Bb tank is also another interesting one, they make a device that is postless and works quite well

2 Likes

What’s the major benefit to going postless? Flavor/clogging?

Exotic consistencies like rosins, badders, and sugars work with them without clogging like they would on centerpost hardware

2 Likes

Thanks. Is the wick made of a different material or something that won’t let oil pass? I’m not smart enough to figure out how this won’t be prone to the same issues

|1072.779369627507x1901.142857142857

6 Likes

Wait, that looks clogged though

edit: now that the second photo popped I understand what I’m looking at

1 Like

it was, the oil was probably a little too thin for the hardware. I think the manufacturers could make an overflow cavity in the silicone pretty easily though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wednesday was great, but you can feel how thursday and friday slowed down. The booths way on the back or the walls were sad most days and can see how the show sucked for them. I printed a badge that was like 38,000 so there were lots of people registered. Some people complain that many attendees are visitors from vendors, which is true but nonetheless those people are usually great leads.

We had a great year because our tec was innovative and well received. The work paid off. We also had a good location.

Next year will suck even more, as the floor plan has big booths on the main halls and by the entrance. The result of this is that small booths will be at the fringes and will see even less traffic. Our location next year just sucks and am already dissapointed. Anyone want to do a 10x30 with us? :rofl:

7 Likes

yeah clogging mostly. the center post has small apertures (intake holes) and them being on the side of a vertical post has always been dumb to me.
Without the post, they have one big porous cavity at the bottom of the tank so you gravity helps get allllll the oil out and less risk of clogging.

1 Like

I’ve worked with BBTank for a long time, I love those guys. We do more packaging like mylars and shit through them. I do have some of those Glo pod v2 samples coming though. the first version tasted terrible though. way too hot.

I’ve heard of bud tank but I don’t think I’ve tried their Noah hardware. good to know, thank you!

1 Like

Figure out how to incorporate a chiller and get Huber to put you in their booth

1 Like

BTW, I tried some hash made with this and it was ridiculously fire.

I got some good leads myself. But one thing was hard to ignore, the huge proliferation of people selling packaging… Maybe next year they should be shoved into their own hall, it was like half the processing hall.

6 Likes

packaging and vape hardware lol. had to make up at least 50-60 booths.

4 Likes

I think even that might be understating it. Pretty much everything after the stairs was either vapes, packaging, or edible ingredients.

1 Like

I agree, they should have designated areas for processing, packaging, and vape. It was still really hodge podge despite cultivation being separated.