What type of tubing should I use for hot condenser tech?

Tested.
This works fine.

9 Likes

What are you using for the heat transfer fluid?

Mineral oil- I’ll get some nicer stuff when I can afford it

2 Likes

Wow, how are u heating the copper line?
Is that just an oil fryer
Lol that 100ml flask looks funny on there

1 Like

placeholder til my 1000ml chemglass gets in =D

its an oil heater, hooked up to a temperature controller, mineral oil pumped with a high heat pump

3 Likes

That looks pretty dope! How hot have you gone with that setup?

1 Like

Haven’t used it yet been busy extracting- my tech who was trained up to do my extractions was found passed out face first on the floor of my lab after staying late to clean.

I freaked out cause i figured he like got co2 poisoning or something but as it turns out he is a closet alcoholic and has been recovering a bit of some ethanol here and there and he just decided to go for it…

So im back to that lovely lonely lab rat life.

God I hate these pandas so much.

9 Likes

Whoa :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yikes

1 Like

What’s worse is that after that incident I figured it would be a good idea to finally finish installing the security cameras so I went to go and put the hard drive in the dvr and came to realize that it had one already, and it had been recording for two weeks since I turned connected it.

There was some pretty sad damning stuff on those tapes, dude was sneaking drinks CONSTANTLY

Don’t trust anybody folks.

4 Likes

Good to trust some people or you’ll miss out on some meaningful moments and lasting relationships. You can trust me bro :fist_right:t3::fist_left:t3:

2 Likes

What pump are you using for the set up?

1 Like

What’s wrong with these high temp gl connectors from chemglass? They are made of PFA, which they say is good to 250C. It should be resistant to the heat transfer fluid as well, assuming it is an oil.

2 Likes

Mine melted at 150c, the gasket inside melts

1 Like

cheap too the flourosilicone tubing, is that what youre using atm @Kingofthekush420?

What are people using now a days I like that copper tubing idea seems pretty ideal

Viton, i got 50ft of it off ebay from a diesel supply for a few dollars a feet compared to double or more feom an extractor equipment company

1 Like

I recently used high temp radiator hose and it worked fine

2 Likes

Hot water steam rated hose from th hose shop works really well people have told me.

2 Likes

I use Parker hoses. I will need to check them for the exact model #.

2 Likes