What type of mold is this?

Crazy day I went to go put some stuff in a new storage unit for our cbd company, The lady explained she Had hemp left in a storage unit that she couldn’t sell. I took it off her hands she also had some huge stainless looks like alcohol extraction equipment.

I wanted to show some pictures of everything but my main question is what is the mold?

might be trichoderma.
just a guess though

Looks like botrytis but it could be grey mold also.

Be careful my friend. I was always taught to be much more wary of the molds and mildews which only grow on dead plant material as opposed to living.

Here’s an old article where greywolf drops a bit of knowledge on the subject.

"Aspergillus is primarily a composting mold living off dead plant material, while Botrytis and Powdery Mildew target living material.

As previously noted, it has spores everywhere, but poorly cured material is the primary reason for an infestation. It likes to grow in dark damp places.

Aspergillus is the more serious actor when it comes to serious health effects, both from allergic reactions to its spores, invasive colonization, and from its aflatoxins, but Penicillium sp. is known to cause keratitis, external ear, respiratory and urinary tract infections, so it isn’t soft and cuddly."

4 Likes

Is there a way I could have it tested? Find out for sure what it is?

Any reputable lab should be able to run a mycotoxins test for you, id just have a bonfire and not waste my money personally.

1 Like

Bonfire may not be a bad idea I’d say somewhere between 250-300lbs. Just have to find a place outside Denver :thinking:

2 Likes

I am going to Have it tested, it was free material would be a shame to throw away. But if I do need bonfire sounds fun

Graywolf posted a tek to safely wash moldy weed for Extractions yrs back on a grow forum (I forgot which one). May be worth investigating

3 Likes

Yessir, posted that link above :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes