What temp do you heat distillate/terp for cart filling?

I would say 80-90 C to fill 90% with terps vape oil. That Fifty shot looks good, I have never used it . You can cap the carts using "Vape Bit " . It works well.

Keep in mind, you have to get those caps in before that oil cools down and gets too hard.

You can always use a glass syringe that you can heat as you fill. I think the one I have used is 50 or 100 mL. You should use the gauge size that works best for your carts and oil. You can get the glass syringes and leur lock dispensing needles, if you want to stay low cost.

I’ve been doing R&D on cart filling, I have seen drastic changes to LR/distillate when filling. If heated above 50 degrees C, the terp profile is missing nodes - seems like only the bottom node is left.

3 Likes

there are tube fed systems. I know a good one. Pricey tho at $21,600. They’ll come out and set it up for you as well and show you exactly how to make product from what one has. Not sure how to direct contact you on here. If you know how, contact me.

click on your avatar, in the upper right corner.

then click on the “mail” icon.

add a user eg @qma

there is always

@KnowledgeSeth display help

2 Likes

How much distillate will you put in your beakers at 90c? Will have trouble getting the top of the distillate the be the same consistency of the bottom with that temp which can cause some clogging, I typically use 1000ml beakers and I’ll only pour 500-600

1 Like

microwave it. short bursts.

get yourself a cart farmer. THE CART FARMER (https://cart.farm/shop/)

1 Like

My mixture reaches probably 140F if my plates above 150F or around 160F. If my plate is 135F the mixture is around 125F. Its a cheap hot plate so I have to let it sit for a half hour to “calibrate” the heat to keep it steady.

Late to the party but thats what I experience. Im gonna buy a new hotplate soon.

I heat my distillate in water so it all evenly heats up then i add it to a hotplate when I add terps after taking it out of the water and I start stirring it

Id mix distillate in smaller amounts of you’re small scale as I tried to mix it 100g at a time and it didn’t homogenize as it started to cool down and it was just too much distillate. I do 50g per small mason jar, so I need to do 5 fill sessions to make 250 carts of one strain

Yea I try to cap out at 130-140 now. 150 is real hot

2 Likes

Yea 150F is HOT. So i keep the mixture temp to 125-135F best I can. Heat gun came in handy but may need to buy a new one

We do 75C in our automatic machine, in a sealed vessel with inert gas push. Our manual/pedal machine with the feed tank exposed runs between 45-65.5C depending on the product being dispensed (raw extract vs distillate+terp formulations). Higher temps overall lead to much more consistent fill levels, less fidgeting with calibration parameters over a several thousand cart run.

2 Likes

167F for auto filler isn’t bad. For us hand fillers though

you’ve got mg, g,kg and liters under your belt.

might even have heard of “microns” (umHg).

how about you try oC next? :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t like celticus.

Fairrenheight is my favorite

Now don’t even get me started on Kevin

2 Likes

not a fan of METRC, but truly love the ability to fill a container with water and weighing it in g/kg to get volume with zero math that using the right units brings to the table.

3 Likes

I prefer grams as well, especially for water and other liquids

1 Like

But not a fan of Kevin?

2 Likes

No dude fuck Kevin

God I hate Kevin

1 Like

That’s cold!

1 Like

UNLIKE KEVIN HA

I roasted Kevin