What states have the best opportunity for craft producers?

Based on market saturation, residency clauses, cost of goods and land/home costs what states do you project will have the best opportunities for craft producers in the next 10 years? What states if any will allow direct to consumer markets? Looking to make a move out of CA after loosing everything to a wildfire earlier this month. all constructive, positive input is appreciated

2 Likes

Id Say NY would be some good territory the tax rate is damn near half of calis, higher cost of living, so much traffic(not city but visitors and such,) the amount of weedsmokers is like half vs california but the density of populations could compensante. i would think the density would be more beneficial for storefronts more so than craft grower alone tho.

Texas is another place i have in my books when the time comes

3 Likes

Direct to consumers, I don’t think that has ever been allowed anywhere, other than small amounts in some places for free being misdemeanor possession instead of poss w intent.
Patient to patient transactions were legal in cali and many places due to rec

Cbd and d8, sure not to much paperwork etc
But nobody will allow someone who didn’t pay for a license to do it for free.

And besides there’s a ton of things preventing it, when states legalize that comes with laws and it won’t happen without, shit, too many things I can’t quite place a finger on

1 Like

There are plenty of vertically integrated companies in medical and legal states. A microbuisness license in california entails that here, i dont know the lingo for all other states but plenty producers have retail locations

2 Likes

Yes in oregon it’s a micro-tier for medical growers to level up into the rec market.
But over since rec, “patient to patient transactions” or direct to consumers, hasn’t been grey market, it’s been illegal.
And it won’t be like that because those with licenses paid for that privilege, lol, and they don’t want small people from interfering with their licenced businesses.
Just my tree fitty though

3 Likes

Don’t bother with Illinois.

2 Likes

it should be allowed with fed legalization if you pay taxes.

Im in il and they have the cannacon this weekend. I may go just to maybe meet people. Im sure there will be a smoking session or 2 outside the center. I got a comfy lexus with ac to hang out in. Im guessing the best opportunity is to get in first so look for states likely to legalize soon.

1 Like

Maine’s medical system has it’s appeal, but I’m sure rec will ruin it the same as every other state before it

Sorry to hear about the wildfire taking everything. That is a helluva thing to deal with, but it seems like you are looking it as an opportunity for a new start. Kudos on that!

Michigan seems to be a good place, in my opinion. They offer a Marihuana Microbusiness license, which seems much more easily attainable than any of the other licenses in Michigan or Illinois. It allows you to be vertically integrated as a grower, processor, and retailer, but does not allow for sales to other businesses, only customers on a retail level.

The Midwest is a great place, unless you don’t like snow and winter. The summers can get stupid hot and humid at times, but are for the most part perfect. Cost of living is pretty good, and quality of life is nice, too. No earthquakes, volcanoes, scorpions, wildfires, or hurricanes. About the only real danger is the occasional random tornado.

Ur about two years late on that one

In IL its hard to get but craft is 40 000 sq feet, sonds big to me.

No. The appeal he’s talking about was just a couple or few months ago

1 Like