What’s the legality of fire ass like sauce and cannabis terps in hemp products?

As long as it’s a compliant thc level is there complaint issues? I mean obviously I’ll consult my legal team. But I’m curious if anyone has any experience or opinions in the matter?

And that being said looking for the most fire sauce or cannabis terps around have some interesting products in development that are going to be dopeeeeee

1 Like

Coa and play ball I would say. definitely do the consult or just ask your state thc / hemp program for clarification

Terps are terps are terps are terps

1 Like

I think the problem would be that its cannabis derived . But at the end of the day how would anyone know as long as you diluted to compliant levels and it passes testing . It would be pretty cool to taste GMO while smoking some CBD distillate ect

2 Likes

Nailed it imo

If you can source the terpenes from a legal cannabis operation as a finished, pure, isolated product with coa and get it qualified as a GRAS ingredient, you’d be free and clear to add it as an ingredient in the hemp products imho.

2 Likes

Problem is any great terp profiles have low thc. But we are legally allowed to take in hot products as long as the retail end is complaint

2 Likes

It would actually be something different then just cbd disti. Gonna be fucking fireeee

1 Like

I feel for no risk the terpenes would need to be isolated.

As long as you label the product hemp derived terps you should be fine lol . The main thing i think of is how anything cannabis derived is forbidden in the hemp industry . For example even CBD derived from cannabis is illegal because it is derived from cannabis even if its compliant. Even the people selling cannabis terps need to be discreet being that their products being cannabis derived its not just about complaint thc levels unfortunately . I think any hemp product with cannabis terps would be great i was just using an example . We all know that hemp terps are lacking complexity compared to all the varieties of cannabis . Shit i have a london poundcake cut that smells naturally like fruity pebbles its insane even grown naturally and organically . I love terps so much that i eat regular diamonds and sauce + my normal dose of delta 9 and other cannabinoids in capsules . Last night i ate about 1gram thca + 1 gram delta 9 and a good amount of sauce too

No terpenes are isolated. Atleast no cannabis derived terpenes are isolated anywhere. Like if I wanted 100% myrcene from cAnnabis it doesn’t exist. So what do you mean exactly ?

2 Likes

from a biological standpoint the Hemp/Cannabis dichotomy is nonsense. From a legal standpoint any of those fancy terpene profiles could have been introgressed into farm bill compliant “hemp”. from an enforcement standpoint, unless you actually do the introgression, you’ve got a paper trail somewhere that says you’re not playing by the rules.

That was my thought

Would there be no current way to make it have undetectable levels and compliant?

I assume terpenes are easier harvested from plant than separated from extract.

It’s irrelevant if it’s complaint or has 100000% thc. If it’s derived from “cannabis” then it is not compliant to be used in any hemp derived products, allowed to be sold out of state, or allowed to be made or sold by or to anyone that is not a registered MTRC cannabis company.

3 Likes

Ah, well good thing hemp is getting better and more variety grows.

I just think removing terpenes from extracts would prove more difficult than harvested from plants before a crude phase.

1 Like

I’ve got some SFV og that got seeded out by hemp. Gonna do a breeding project to find the og nose on a low thc variety. If anyone wants to help me fund the project (dozens and dozens of lab tests)we have a hemp nursery with the ability to produce back crossed feminized seed once we find a winning cut.

2 Likes