What new market holds the most opportunity

South Dakota and Montana both seem interesting but def a little cold for growing in most parts of the states; which new market do you think holds the most potential?

2 Likes

Are you asking for Kiva?

2 Likes

Asking for anybody, I was just a lonely infusion tech at kiva anyway those decisions were way above my head… Asking for someone who’s thinking about wanting to leave the Cali market.

1 Like

I think the real focus at this point should be preparing for federal legalization on a grand scale. Focusing all energy on making sure things are meeting the GMPs and being prepared with all the documentation the FDA and USDA are going to want moving forward.

But that’s just me. I think in 5-7 year plans - and I see de-scheduling and big changes in the next five years.

Also - I agree…those states are cold and sparse. Housing can be a pain in the butt - I did not like working in Montana for that very reason (rent was unreasonable, and there was nothing to buy!). Plus its a food desert - so you’re always hungry… but I digress.

What do other people think?

1 Like

Montana would be my choice for sure.
You could grow some fire deps in Montana and with proper strain choice still kill it on full term. The climate I’m in is similar to there…

I’m crossing my fingers in hopes that Idaho gets a medical program going in the next 10yrs…

7 Likes

Eastern Montana sucks, Billings was a little bleak too imo. Missoula and the west are great though. South Dakota is like 100 square miles of nice area and the rest is like eastern Wyoming

Both of those places get -70f or lower windchill, if you haven’t experienced that firsthand I’d suggest you go see it for yourself before committing

7 Likes

Utah got one before idaho if that says anything. Your 10 year guess is fair. They’re tough on weed but not kegs. Utah trades now.

2 Likes

You are asking about geographical locations, but i think the answer is going to ultimately depend on your market segment.

Do you require easy or hard to get licenses? Do you have to be on site to make money? Is it a good or a service you are trying to capitalize on? Do you have to be online? Mail order?

I would have never thought business development by mail order worldwide for an Ag/cannabis crossover product would do well in the Midwest. I was definitely wrong!

5 Likes

Montana has a tiny population

4 Likes

Wyoming is a trip; drove through there earlier this summer and got stuck in a freak snowstorm; in the middle of summer :man_shrugging: . stayed in a town where the only food avalible was the local bars $20 frozen pizzas 1/10 would not recommend.

9 Likes

Loud City, Smoke-lahoma boomin rn.

5 Likes

South Dakota has 4 good months to grow crops outside May-august. Lots of land to grow it on but you will be in competition for the land because they use a lot of the fields for growing food for cattle. Not to mention they are trying to take the amendment to court. SD politics are awfully dumb. Definitely an opportunity but you will have to work harder than usual due to the cold.

How are the electric rates?

.10$/Kh relatively cheap. They have a giant coal power plant within the state and just built a ton of wind turbines.

Edit: .08$/kh if you choose to located closer to a town and are within the city limits.

4 Likes