What makes resins greasy, vs sticky

Only snoop dogg heats his weed

1 Like

I don’t use the microwave, but I do flame roast my joints and blunts over a lighter for a couple minutes after rolling. I feel it helps with an even burn and keeping things stuck together just how I want em. Used to roast honey blunts in the oven around 200f back when I still smoked honey blunts like a dumbass.

Either way, that deadhead cross looks fire for sure!

4 Likes

Lol snoops an OG so he can microwave them if he wants but I’m gonna pass. It’s been forever since I’ve smoked a honey blunt.

2 Likes

This stuff is amber like jurassic Park sap

1 Like

I do a lighter bake too. Humidity is so low right now that it’s the only way to get stuff to burn evenly.

1 Like

Reviving a dead thread here, anyone come to the same conclusion as @jwhodances (i know hes not active anymore) on greasy?

I have some stuff I’m about to chop that is super greasy, never really had that to this degree before. Pretty sure it’s blueberry cupcake from hsc. Also wondering whats the difference between greasy and sticky in particular. Would be cool to look further.

I have had greasy strain that literally make your fingers feel slippery untill the resin kinda drys or sets a bit. Then We got sticky, which is basically like glue immediately on your fingers. Then the good ole pumice buds, which are similar to greasy, but feel like there is a little pumice in the rub.

2 Likes

Gawwdamn :eyes: only seen this level of sap on some Sage n’ Sour nugs back in west MA like 2012

2 Likes

That’s how this plant feels, it’s wild. Never had this before.

Day 49

10 Likes

Terps

2 Likes

This almost reminds me of the slippery feeling of bleach between your fingers, where your tissues get broken down by saponification.

I’m wondering if some sort of base from the flower is reacting with the oils on your hands…

1 Like

The bleach isn’t slippery. That’s your skin melting from the hypochlorous acid

?!?

did you finish reading the sentence?

or don’t know what saponification is?

then see: What is the relationship between bleach and soap? - The Boston Globe

2 Likes

It’s both

1 Like

It’s nice to microwave them if the bud is too humid and you need to smoke it now. Like 10 seconds and it starts steaming

Freeze dried is pretty amazing for 24hours…

1 Like

Freeze dryers are for hash and food. I’d rather throw flower in the trash than in a freeze dryer.

6 Likes

Half smoked doobs can be re-lit in the microwave. Discovering that was mind blowing.

4 Likes

What?!?!?!

Pictures or it didn’t happen!

1 Like