What makes resins greasy, vs sticky

So title question, is it the ratio of essential oils to thc that makes a bud more greasy, vs more sticky?
Is it the specific terpenes being produced?
Another factor all together that I’m not thinking of?

6 Likes

This is in botany so are you talking on the actual plant? Or extracts?

1 Like

Many variables from the amount of terpenes, temps extract is produced at, cured at, or for that matter purged at depending on the extract post process. You can get greasy product from many things.

2 Likes

Yeah the plant itself. I hadn’t considered fats in the equation either.

Saw this being discussed on a recent Hash Church. I don’t think there is a solid scientific conclusion yet, but they were talking about the factors you mentioned. They also were considering the thickness of the cuticle on the head of the trichome.

4 Likes

Lipids and waxes

3 Likes

Resin glands! Duh!

I don’t know but lava is frosty but not greasy
Dog walker is ugly but so greasy and the best strain I have even though it’s the hardest to grow, trim and hide.

3 Likes

God, sounds like we both have the same cut! That burnt rubber smelling chem? So fire

5 Likes

You talking about the dog? Yes some old cut that I was gifted. I’ve been in the biz about20 years and have some friends from the days before that are almost mad that I got the cut.

3 Likes

I’m gonna go smoke some since you brought her up!

3 Likes

Mystery deadhead cross

14 Likes

Save a cut for me!

4 Likes

Are you saying that the ratio of lipids/waxes/terpenes/cannabinoids is what affects the greasy or sticky. This has been a big question in my small circle of extractors. The general consensus is that greasy strains are better at BHO and sticky strains are better for rosin. Purely anecdotal evidence tho, I have no science to back that up yet.

2 Likes

Just to be clear u heated that up before doing this right

1 Like

Nice I like goo. Want

1 Like

Lol no heat just fire

3 Likes

Shut up no way R u a terp resin God

I use to get the hard sap balls on my stem but not so much resin it strings without adding heat to jt

I read LSD and L. A. Confidential are hard to grow as well

Guttation

4 Likes