What makes material unstable?

I run a lot of material and get a pretty consistent outcome for the most part, but every once in a while I get something that just isn’t stable, currently I just receive a lot of material that is dry, not live and does not muff at all when poured, or bible when stirred and just doesn’t rock up at all really, some is going on 3 weeks and it’s just like a sugary sauce… any thoughts? It’s looks and smells amazing it’s just really runny sugary sauce …? Thanks!

2 Likes

I understand everything is material dependent just looking for exactly what things can cause this, and this material is nothing like I’ve seen before

1 Like

Sounds decarbed. Third party testing?

9 Likes

Really high terp content can give you a sugary sauce consistency. A little CBD mixed in can stop it from ever even sugaring

7 Likes

Yea it is definitely really terpy, and I thought about the CBD thing, it is a mix of a few different strains, idk for sure or haven’t had it tested yet but any CBD material I’ve ran in the past always seemed to be less stable thanks for the thoughts!

1 Like

I would test the terp content of the unstable run and a run that comes out perfect. If the unstable run has allot more terps that’s most likely the problem.

2 Likes

if it doesn’t “muff” or bubble when you pour it off you’re probably getting it too hot in collection. but if you’re getting sauce then I see no problem. are you going for slabs? or

2 Likes

Hmm I’ll keep that in mind…? I feel I’ve seen a few different times certain material doesn’t muff when pouring, most commonly fresh frozen never really muffs but I’ve been seeing it more lately with dry cured, I will pay closer attention to the collection pot temps, thanks!