What is your average return % for CLS

Speak it cyclopath.

Anyone still talking in “% weight recovery” is way behind the times. Mass balance on cannabinoids is all that counts for recovery. HPLC tested or it doesn’t count.

5 Likes

@cyclopath and @shinyemulsion wait a minute here I am talking about cannabinoid content… what I’m saying is that if flower test out at 30% cannabinoids, and I’m pulling 90% cannabinoids… I should be able to pull close to a 30% return. Anyone not double checking their numbers is obviously at a risk of loosing a lot if you think a 15% yield is good. Basic math says that if a flower is 30% cannabinoids you should be able to pull a 25% return including terpenes at least with a 85% cannabinoid profile

Almost all my returns are at 85% cannabinoids +

You’re looking at input potency and output potency, and you sound like you’re doing the math. Most don’t. Least not the ones reporting as %yield by weigh of input.

My point is simply that 18% yeild by wt of biomass is a less informative metric than 90% of available cannabinoids (or whatever you’re pulling).

1 Like

and then you add 4.87% terps. Hell im pulling 98% medicinal value. But only getting at 15% return on a flower that says ther is 30% available. I’m using a 10:1 solvent:material ratio

1 Like

I totally agree that most people don’t compare. That’s why I’m here to start the convo. I want to hear other people’s results and get people thinking more

2 Likes

Not a big believer in 30% cannabinoid flower.

I absolutely agree that yield as % of biomass should be pretty close to % potency.

However, if you’re getting a potency and a mass on both your input and output, there is a more accurate way of measuring your prowess.

Cannabinoids in vs cannabinoids out.

I’m on a religious crusade to see it used.

Feel free to pass.

5 Likes

Careful, I get yelled at for being mean when I try and do that :wink:

5 Likes

You run 10 pounds of solvent per 1 pound material? I feel that’s a bit excessive…I’ve gotten great returns on 3-4:1…

2 Likes

I started with 7:1, upped it to 10:1 just to see and pulled bigger returns. I’m running -80f solvent. I felt it was a bit excessive myself but the results show it’s worth it. I also do a minimal soak. We are talking 30 minutes max

I feel a longer soak yields more impurities ie color, fats and so on

I soak for 2 hours…

3 Likes

Soaking longer also locks in mono and sesquicenterpenes…

3 Likes

I’ve tested this… I get way better results with out soaking

3 Likes

That live resin…terps are high on live…was other live resin? Do you dewax?

here are three different runs with terp/ cannabinoid profile

2 Likes

These are all ran under the exact same sop and trying to stay with in the same temp perameters by single digit differences. The sop does include a dewaxing column with three stages filters down to 5 micron. Once again tho I only soak for about 30 minutes in the dewaxing column as well

1 Like

No run will be the same every strain and grower, when harvested ect…I feel
Like you’re looking for a answer you want. 18-22% non dewaxed is about the average…if you’re dewaxing you’ll see a other 8-11% loss of total mass…

This is how much I loose via dewax per 2lbs run…

2 Likes

I totally understand I’m not looking to be the same… what I’m looking to do is make sure I pull ALL the cannabinoids from the flower. I would rather not have a flower that has a test result of 30% only produce 18% return.

If my numbers are in the 85%+ ranger I should be pulling way more then 18%