What is this transdermal patch "filling" machine?

Can anyone provide information on the machine in this instagram post? Or any comparable machines to make transdermal patches with rosin?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxprAvYgOG5/

2 Likes

This does not look like an accurately dosed product… it looks like another licensed company doing some

9 Likes

its a Cartesian style robot, much like a 3D printer that allows for consistent dispersal of solution on the patches. the build platter is probably heated to help the solution soak into the gauze pad. looks like the fluid is pumped through the syringe via air pressure, almost looks like some sort of venturi set up. also the syringe doesnt appear to be heated.

from the looks of what they are laying down, this system has yet to be dialed in. plus the shiz is taped on to the build platter so that would suck to have to take of and re apply everytime, AND have the zero point remain the same. its a novel approach, but looks very rough in this iteration.

3 Likes

Found a similar machine, the Mannabot One. But it doesn’t look like it’s for sale.

Can anyone recommend a similar-sized machine to produce transdermal patches? Ideally under $5,000 ? Seems as if it would work well on a small scale if it was dialed in.

3 Likes

that system is laying down some clean beads!! much better. i also like the larger bore applicator, seems to do a better job then the needle of the barkley system.

seems much more polished imo.

wish i could recommend you a system, im not too sure and im curious myself.

1 Like

Were you able to source anything for this?

1 Like

IMHO, the best machine there is for tramsdermal patches is having 20 to 40 people on an assembly line dipping patches in a pre-made preweighed tincture solution or figure out what size brush it takes to rub on an exact amount of milligrams or about the exact amount. Have in house testing, sell any potent patches as high cannabinoid patches and the low potency ones as low cannabinoid patches.

1 Like

And buy a wig and protection cause that sounds like some bhhs

7 Likes

Looking at the above videos, I strongly suspect our system could be modified to perform this with a few software upgrades and perhaps a heated bed. Our system already has two spare PID controllers so would just need to wire in a connector.

If anybody is seriously interested in this, hit me up. Would love to do a proof of concept.

2 Likes

watch out, manna will be banging down your door just for commenting on this thread

1 Like