What is this in my CO2 vessel

So I ran my CO2 machine the other day just looking to get some HTE I ran it low and subcritical for a few hrs then bumped it to super to get everything out. I have 3 separation vessels to drop out my acids/ decarbed/ terps. I didn’t much out of my 1st vessel (the acid) so we went ahead and fully depressurized and removed the top to see if all my oil was stuck in there. The sides were coated with dry hard crumble like stuff that is also shiny like small crystals in it. I assume they are THC-a crystals but im surprised since typically I get lots of fats and lipids I wouldn’t think it was a crumble. Any ideas? is it actually crumble and THC-a crystals and if so do I do any post processing (winterization) or leave it as is. Color isn’t the very best but the usual for CO2 here. Pic’s attached

I’d recommend a quantitative analysis, then maybe a qualitative one. Looks good though

5 Likes

There’s definitely a mixture of THCA (provided the biomass wasn’t decarbed) and heavy waxes. I don’t recommend consuming it as is.

If you winterize that fraction by itself you can get some ugly black sugar crystals. It takes a lot of post processing to make it into something worth dabbing.

2 Likes

My homie that used to dab straight crude would disagree.

3 Likes

If I’ve learned anything in these years, dabbing strange crude is probably safer than dabbing unknown isomers

10 Likes

Yeah, as long as no pesticides being used or neemoil that hasn’t been properly washed off you should be good.

I personally don’t recommend dabbing heavy waxes. I also don’t recommend huffing freon and air duster but people do that too.

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

We dabbed it lol, it was actually pretty good. Normally any dab will choke my weak lungs but it was surprisingly smooth and burnt clean on the glass. Might try putting some cleaned up shatter in under pressure for awhile to see if I can make some cleaner crystals.

1 Like

I love how in cannabiz; if you come across something unknown; the first route of action is too dab it :joy::joy::joy: never change.

Looks like way waxy thca; send off a sample for confirmation.

8 Likes