What is the best way to extract and crystalize psilocybe from mushrooms?

Great info in this article. We are working on extracting mushrooms and putting it in our strip technology which is just like listerine breath strips. Its for the ease of use and we can flavor it so you do not have that taste.

9 Likes

I find the concentrate cleaner with no anxiety or nauseous feelings.

Much more enjoyable imo

6 Likes

Orange juice and a blender.

8 Likes

aqueous acid base extraction? cool, another one too add to the “try this” journal.

hopefully with some R&D, we’ll have a dabbable psilocybe extract.

2 Likes

coffee grinder works great as well.

5 Likes

I used to own a dedicated coffee grinder just for my lyophilized P.C.

then I discovered Oster’s: Biomass Grinding at various scales? - #22 by cyclopath

it’s been a while since there was a jar of “eye of newt” in my spice cabinet :wink:

10 Likes

I agree, I’ve gagged on mushrooms enough I don’t like to eat them anymore. Unless in chocolate or an extract if possible

5 Likes

“Beam me up Scotty.”

My nickname when I first tried Weed & many other drugs in college was “Spaceship Wade.”

9 years later and I understand why mushrooms are being extracted.

1 Like

Wouldnt this leave quite a bit of shroom dust/goodies in the coffee grinder?

1 Like

Coffee grinder, yes (although a paint brush solves that)… which was why it was dedicated.

With the oster, the grinder becomes the storage jar.

4 Likes

In terms of smoking/vaping extract, it seams to be quite difficult…
I have an idea. I got it when I was reminded of my juvenile asthma and my old nebulizer which was used to deliver medicine in vapour form.

What if the extract(water soluble) was dissolved in water and then vaporized with a steam inhaler?
Not exacally dabbing. But, we could give it a cool name, too.

The active ingredients are extremely thermolabile.

An inhaler might get them into your lungs intact, not sure that’s what you want though…

11 Likes

What @Future said, psilocybin and psilicin are extremely delicate, when I had fresh dried fungi vs standard street material the variance was apparent. My understanding is you end up with an oily paste, water is the only solvent I’m aware of that works, temp control would be very necessary, I wonder if you could vap it or distill it solely using a vacuum :thinking:.

I have had some intrigue in this for some time but day-to-day grind keeps me busy.

I have also heard that a mild amount of citric acid in the water helps. But I’ve not sat and played with it.

I wouldn’t know how miscible it is in etoh, I’ve not heard ofbits use in extracts I’ve seen, but outside of drug research its practically in its back yard blasting phase.

2 Likes

You’ve actually tried this?

Curious what the yield is

1 Like

Isn’t it possible to make goo by simply putting shredded material in pot of water then boiling it down… Ooo had some bomb mushroom tincture… wondering how it was made! Clear water some type of alcohol…

What do you consider a massive dose?

I can fit around .25 grams in a 0 capsule. If you want to do a 5 gram heroic dose, that’s 20 caps. Be nice to get that down to less.

And with all the caps, you still get a shroom burp. I’d like to avoid that.

A few years ago I was able to get some of the junk to drop out of ethanol by winterizing at -20C for a few months. Grew these. Not psychoactive.

7 Likes

Jajajaja Heroic dose? 5 grams… How about 50 dried grams Kilindi lyi style? Few buds just ate 30 and the other 25 grams… . McKenna’s heroic dose is no longer the standard…
Hyperspace…

7 Likes

Ya my friend that grows eats 5g as his starter dose.
When i was 16 my 1st dose ever was an 8th

6 Likes

Hey everyone
Is there anyone here who can help us with our mushroom extraction project? We are looking for valid SOPs and advice that have been examined and verified. We have access to mass spec and test for the active components. If you can help, please DM me to join as a consultant.
Thanks.

1 Like