What is Crystal Resistant Distillate (CRD)?

Hello, everyone! I work for a dispensary in Oklahoma where everything cannabis related is still very new. We recently got some CRD broad spectrum cartridges. I know that CRD stands for Crystal Resistant Distillate but that’s all I can find online. Can anyone help me find more information on what it is, why is it important, what makes it crystal resistant, etc.? Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

NO! BAD! Use the search

20 Likes

God I’m gonna use this so much I love this lmfao

2 Likes

Lol I did and I couldn’t find anything relative enough to what I’m looking for! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Search results for 'cbd cart crystallize' - Future4200 might yield

2 Likes

Indeed it did! Thank you so much!

1 Like

:innocent: some folks get bent out of shape when I post those…

4 Likes

I went through those queries and it’s a bunch of posts of you posting the same link :joy: thank you still though.

2 Likes

Isnt all distillate crystal resistant?? If it crystallizes then it hasn’t been decarbed. If it crystallizes in a cart (sauce carts, live resin carts) then its an acid form or partly an acid form and isnt distillate. Maybe theyre cutting distillate carts with BHO and thats making them crystallize?

I only run a SPD but im pretty sure you cant distill without decarbing (at least partially) before or during distillation and i havent scratched the surface on CBD yet but im working on it

CBD distillate will begin crystallizing by itself when above a certain percent. I have had 65% CBD crude begin crystallizing before running it in the SPD. Also I have heard that CBDa does not crystallize, or at least will not auto-crystallize.

2 Likes

My crude oil always crystallizes if its high in terps. Thats how u know its good. In fact with the CRC almost everything i extract crystallizes including the crude.

I have never had distillate crystallize on me.

3 Likes

Things that crystallize: THC-A, CBD, CBD-A

Things that don’t: THC

Things that stop crystallization in carts: decarbed distillate.

4 Likes

Bother!!!

There are definitely some strong hints around here as to it’s exact nature, but nothing I recall seemed definitive.

Near as I can tell, neither our search engine nor the all knowing one give the ability to hit threads rather than individual posts. So to find a thread requires having multiple keywords in the same post.

Which is why we have tags. And mods who add tags to threads.

Did you check the entire threads, or just the specific posts that where hit?

Edit: it was previously pointed out that searching for diluent had the same sort of result…

3 Likes

What is Crystal Resistant Distillate?

Simplest explanation is “a bug being given a fancy name so it can be spun as a feature”.

At least if the game is isolate.

So how do you “mess up” your distillation and achieve something that doesn’t crystallize?!?

5 Likes

HAHAHAHA. Yes this!c

No one is ever going to answer this. Instead 20 smart asses will keep commenting. I’ve made crystal resistant cbd n the 86 percentile. No idea but it came from low yielding 2-4 percent kief. And the crude was only 36 percent cbd. Took three litres to make a litre of pumpkin electric disty. This would never crystallize on me. Ph or something I’m UN aware of plays and issue here! Shit hemp works the best.