What GL high temp hose connections are you guys using

I send you the link but i just looked and it was so long ago it wont let me open the original listing

1 Like

im a newb trying to learn but im almost done with assembling system. and speaking of spraying… i had a woopise the other day, i removed vacuum acute from my e2m28 and a fountain of unknown used oil was spraying ever so nicely out of the mist filter.

@Concentrated_humbold no worries, ill try and find some, i shouldnt be worried about getting “cheap” viton hehe?

Check bio diesel and diesel shops there gonna be the cheapest and should all be the same except wall thickness

I must look around, being in europe that shipping is killing me every damn time. tried to get a few things from summit and shipping was 140$ and couldnt even help with tubing so wasnt ready to pay that if it wasnt a one-stop-shop for what i needed, instead of being refered to the hose shop down the street, being 7400km away and all that hehe :slight_smile:

still havnt looked into auto motive tubing, but gone on a “get the right stuff first time spree” , i tried the other option and thats costly hehe.

1 Like

so if i understand correctly it must be this fitting i need for my Julabo for that 3/8 tubing, tho it says for 10mm, where 3/8" should be 9,5mm, cant fint any closer.

It does seems safer tho to have it secured to a GL fitting instead of the chance of oil spill, that would destroy my wodden floor in the room im using lols…

https://www.labunlimited.co.uk/s/ALL/G-8970447/2-Barbed-Fittings-For-Julabo-8-970-447

Ill be needing the A-teams help soon for deciding what confirguration my hot condenser should be 'n i need to buy, been dauunting on that for a while, like this above.

Cut off a lil section split it down the side and slide it in before the fitting if it doesnt fit perfectly and then you shouldnt have to worry about the clamps rubbing thru

Pfa will work well, try putting a blowtorch to pfa tube… that shits dang near melt resistant, it will burn first!

1 Like

@Soxhlet Thanks. Sounds like these BOLA fittings is a decent option aswell, over example Chemglass wich many have failures with.

What is the best option of B&W and these BOLA fittings? price wise, they are like 1/4 of the price. - properly going with hose over barb but its decent knowlegde to get in here.

• Made of fluoroplastic. Type: straight. With glass-fibre reinforced PPS screw caps with Aperturere (max. +250°C). The hose connectors are made of PFA and have an elastic PFA sealing lip and a FPM O-ring. The medium is exposed only to PFA (thread sizes GL 25 and GL 32 are made of .
  • Manufacturer :: Bohlender GmbH

The o- ring is fpm, that will get you up to 205c if the fpm in question is viton. You will never need your condenser that hot, so it should work fine. Watchout for hoses popping off the barbs, the heat transfer fluid can get everywhere and burn you severly. Personally I like to run my condenser at 80-90c, much easier useing h20 and lower temps. Be safe!

2 Likes

great info, ya chance of the hose popping of is why i havnt fully decided on that yet and ordered parts right away, get hit in the face by that much flow in those temps is more than a bad day.

1 Like

should be good to use these instead of anything with sharp edges.

Those work and the ones for radiator hoses, the ones for radiators are really easy to find and usually come in a assorted pack

1 Like

ya, it just seemed like the perfect fitting, so would post it for others. Its properly also easiest for me to get a spring type radiator clamp

1 Like

Ya i have and use both, sometimes with the smaller spring ones its too tight and then the smaller acrew ones work great

I put vac grease on the glass threads and push the
Hose right over it

that tubing you found was a sick deal indeed. - knew viton was expensive, but some places its madness for actual viton hehe, 300-950$ for 3/8 - 5/8 outside i found on local hose shops - seems like that is one of the thickest options aswell one can get the 5/8.

Im stil contemplating to go over glass or gl fittings. - should i be worried about wall thickness of the viton im getting? best option i have is from cole parmer. 1/4 tubing is under half the price but only 5/16 in outer diameter which only gives a 1,58 mm wall thickness. (Option B-W Gl-14 fittings)

5/16 x 7/16 tubing if i buy the Bola gl fittings that from what i can understand have a 8.7mm OD barb. Oliven (mit Mutter), gerade | BOLA

where the 3/8 - 5/8 is around 6mm wall thickness?

so my question properly leads to should i be worried about buying that and using a non sharp clamp and possible stil tearing? maybe im overanylysing lols.

https://www.coleparmer.co.uk/p/viton-tubing/6782

I havent had any peoblems with the line breaking or leaking upto 160c just being put over the fittings. If you can find the right smooth clamps it definitely cant hurt

1 Like

I use 1/4” copper lines and steel barbs/compression fittings from beaker and wrench.

Works great

Copper is sexy

2 Likes

I have 200-250c safe billet ptfe-e connectors. Fully machined. No manufactured pieces.

1 Like

ya seen your setup. youd have to make threads on the copper right? not sure how to fit on my julabo tho :slight_smile:

@spdking i might try those fittings if i decide to get a few parts from you guys. Sad i wasnt able to think enough forward with what i needed since last was a 140$ shipping cost for my vac gauge from summit, you guys knocked it out the park tho with customs remaining hungry.