What exactly is this thing for? (Vacuum oven part)

It has a. Cable with 2 prongs coming out. Not entirely sure where that connect at this moment. My guess is its some kind of solenoid? Maybe to control the vacuum in some way?

Looks like a solenoid/regulator of some sort for sure. What’s it wired to? Or plumbed to?

3 Likes

It’s plumbed to the vacuum chamber, i have no idea where this part would plug in to

No exhaust port on the back I agree most be a solenoid for pressure release. Look on the bottom end & see if it’s elbow Plummed in

1 Like

So it’s plumbed to the vacuum port on the oven? Could be a check valve to prevent vacuum oil being sucked into the oven incase of pump failure. Not sure why it would require power though. Possibly an electromagnetic valve.

1 Like

Closeups of any writing, specification labels or branding would help. What brand and model number is the oven itself? Does the housing unscrew and open up? Is there a cartridge inside?

1 Like

Must be for remote control of the vacuum oven in some fashion.

Sorta looks like a 2 way valve system for inert gas to me, given you have 2 vacuum out ports inside it looks like or vice versa for those 3 ports, but it likely hooks to a controller that directs the valve to either release pressure or add.

1 Like

I think you may be right. In looking at other similar ovens, this seems to be a particularly unique modification

On the plus side, it appears to be in good functioning shape :slight_smile:

1 Like