What does the future of our industry hold if Democrats win the senate tonight giving them control of the Congress and the Executive?

I think if you’re in the business of making the cheapest 1ml cart, you’re screwed. If your in the business of making the best, cleanest, highest testing cart, there’s a solid 10% of the market willing to pay more for a noticeably better product. weather that be flower, concentrate, or edibles, people will pay more for what they consider to be better.

How many of you buy micro brew beer? 10,15,$20 a six pack?

10 Likes

Most craft breweries are dead - the high majority of small ones now are unprofitable side projects for guys who can afford it. There were a few good years for small brewers, then consolidation came, and distribution pathways became clogged.

2 Likes

arent you from NC @sisu?

I know the whole western part of the state is like micro breweries…

3 Likes

We have half a dozen in our county alone that are killing it🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

They will push the MORE act thru as Mitch will be powerless. It originally had a companion bill from Harris that they will drag along with it.

2 Likes

Nah, PA+CA. I got schooled on craft breweries from a few domestic & foreign brewers+PE firms heavy in the space. Tap rooms appear to be the most viable course for small players. A lot of small whiskey distilleries seem like they’re doing great, which is cool.

4 Likes

Hm… Edison Research says Warnock leading w/ 69.2% & Ossoff w/ 68.4%, 5% of votes counted

1 Like

And how big is the micro brew selection compared to the regular beer sections?

If we also look at sheer volume, budweiser wins hand down. Plus you can count all the ‘micro’ brands they own now too. And most micro brew places I’ve seen are tap houses that close in a few years.

The good ones stay open, the vast majority close over the long term, just like what’s gonna happen in this industry is my prediction.

I don’t think weed is any different than any other vice people enjoy.

Edit: apparently @SISU is saying the same things I’m saying, just faster.

7 Likes

I’m ok with selling a couple of brands to RJ Reynolds and retiring🤷‍♂️

8 Likes

About to flip with 10% of vote counted

1 Like

Atlanta will hold back their totals until they know how many votes they need to win…

7 Likes

Yup :100:

5 Likes

I’ll be absolutely stoked for you if that happened haha.

Hopefully some of you guys do get some nice fat paydays, imo that’d be the best case scenario for an individual.

2 Likes

Anything ran by Democrats will be fucked. Most things ran by republicans will be fucked. I will gladly take the latter. Lol

South Park said it well. Picking between douches and turds.

11 Likes

Do you want a turd sandwich or a crap soufflé?

3 Likes

Democrats get their grift by expanding regulation and getting a piece, Republicans grift by taking money to get rid of regulations. Two sides of the same coin

4 Likes

And you are cool with this?

I just want to be left alone, leave your regulation out of my life lol

8 Likes

Considering the behavior of the delta 8 and hemp bois in the interim period(among other things), I consider regulation necessary to protect consumers. It needs to be specific and enforceable with penalties designed to deter harmful practices

What makes for good regulation is a different question, but I don’t want some “The Jungle” type shit going on

As much as I’d love to lean libertarian, I just don’t trust people to act in good faith towards each other

3 Likes

I’m not talking about hemp regulation lol not even in the slightest.

There are bigger things to worry about…

1 Like

like what? I mean, I’d advocate for privacy regulations and other stuff that protects citizens instead of the government. I can deal with my own safety, I’m not ready to give up more of my personal freedoms to the government or to corporate interests - which I feel is the point you’re getting at

7 Likes